Spring Training Canceled, Season PPD 2 Weeks, IL Gov Recommending May 1st

joejoesox

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't play video games anymore, but may have to get a PS4 for MLB the Show 20 coming out next week.  Then again, that shit will just give me baseball withdrawals.  

I still play and build different types of models but still need to hear stone and Bennetti knowing its spring/summer. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't play video games anymore, but may have to get a PS4 for MLB the Show 20 coming out next week.  Then again, that shit will just give me baseball withdrawals.  

lol this was my first place I went. I was supposed to go to san fran this weekend, canceled, kept the day off tomorrow. Was going to buy a video game or start this "steam" thing the kids keep telling me about.

Ugh dang it I forgot I need a PS4 for baseball. I have to just get my teeth kicked in on OOTP again.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

lol this was my first place I went. I was supposed to go to san fran this weekend, canceled, kept the day off tomorrow. Was going to buy a video game or start this "steam" thing the kids keep telling me about.

Ugh dang it I forgot I need a PS4 for baseball. I have to just get my teeth kicked in on OOTP again.

whats the "steam" thing?  

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Here is the good news. When life gets back on track opening day will have some nice warm weather to enjoy :)

Tbh, yes the reasoning for this sucks and the anticipation of opening day starting in 2 weeks makes this hard to swallow, but really should baseball be playing in March? The season should really probably start mid-to late April. Probably a third of those games were going to be postponed anyway due to rain/snow/cold weather (although who knows with how early Spring seems to be coming)...

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

whats the "steam" thing?  

I honestly don't know. I assumed it was subscription service gaming? maybe it's PC or something.

Anyway, not trying to be flip. Made a lot of adjustments of plans. My mom already had her hours cut and we are supporting and I know that's happening all over country. But when it comes to dealing with the changes it is funny how much of a void is coming with the lack of baseball for me. Like this will be worse than the offseason by 100x, but hopefully those are my thoughts and not actually watching a spiraling health care system.

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Same. I have a PS4 collecting dust. Haven't bought MLB in a few years and was thinking of buying this year's since it has been a while.

Same.  Bought my PS4 when my wife (gf at the time) had to do a 6 week stint out of town.  Played some Show and NHL for a few weeks....been collecting dust since. I used to play the show and nhl a decent amount  against my roommates when I lived with buddies, but could never get into gaming by myself.  Always found myself bored to tears 10 mins in.   

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Same.  Bought my PS4 when my wife (gf at the time) had to do a 6 week stint out of town.  Played some Show and NHL for a few weeks....been collecting dust since. I used to play the show and nhl a decent amount  against my roommates when I lived with buddies, but could never get into gaming by myself.  Always found myself bored to tears 10 mins in.   

I'm the same. I have to be extremely desperate to play. And when I do play, it's pretty much all single player where I can finish it, enjoy the story and move on with my life. Can't do mindless shooters like Call of Duty or Halo.

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Everytime I want to play by the time the damn system loads up I'm already ready to move on.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Everything sucks.  Its kind of sad, but my life legit revolves around sports.  Not sure WTF I am going to do with myself now.  I don't even want to go the germfest that is the gym to burn some stress.  The best 10 days of the year (cbb conf tourneys and march madness) cancelled.  MLB delayed for the foreseeable future.  My other hobby of playing poker is legit probably the worst possible place for spread of this shit.  My enjoyment of day trading is virtually sapped as I (any everyone else) have just been crushed for weeks and am getting close to tapped out.  So bummed. 

Weird times.   

There's always online poker

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Everything sucks.  Its kind of sad, but my life legit revolves around sports.  Not sure WTF I am going to do with myself now.  I don't even want to go the germfest that is the gym to burn some stress.  The best 10 days of the year (cbb conf tourneys and march madness) cancelled.  MLB delayed for the foreseeable future.  My other hobby of playing poker is legit probably the worst possible place for spread of this shit.  My enjoyment of day trading is virtually sapped as I (any everyone else) have just been crushed for weeks and am getting close to tapped out.  So bummed. 

Weird times.   

I could be wrong here, and things are constantly changing, but isn't the NCAA tourney still on?  Games played in empty arenas, but games still on correct?  I saw a bunch of conferences cancelled their tourneys, but in general still on correct?

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Weird times.   

and, I mean, hookers are almost definitely out of the question

A man has to have a vice to know he is alive.

• Like 1