Play-off baseball set up.

Colinski

This off season our controversial commissioner posted a potential new set up for the play-offs. It was criticised heavily by many people, particularly by Trevor Bauer.

My question is, what is the optimal play-off set up, as I know some love the excitement of one off or best of three games, whereas others like as long a series as possible, in order to reduce luck/variance impact and increases the chance the best team wins.

so what’s the view of you wonderful people.

my view without overthinking it too much definitely keeps Series long as I personally want to believe the best team won at the end of the year. I’d probably change the first games to best of seven even if it meant having to make the regular season shorter, to say 154 games. Obviously making the leagues even with 16 teams each would help this a little but overall I wouldn’t care as long as really short series didn’t become key. It almost seems to be casual fans versus avid fans, Manfred seems to spend to much time appeasing the casuals.

Edited by Colinski