T-Mobile Free MLB.TV

KnightsOnMintSt

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

MLB TV is apparently going to sit on the money I sent them until we find out how much of the season is played. I mean I payed for a whole season . Anyone think we will have a refund or have the full price prorated ?

Yeah I was wondering this myself

On 3/25/2020 at 12:32 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

MLB TV is apparently going to sit on the money I sent them until we find out how much of the season is played. I mean I payed for a whole season . Anyone think we will have a refund or have the full price prorated ?

We'll see how they handle it. It seems odd to me that anyone would of paid for the whole season with this pandemic looming since January. In any event - it looks like baseball has every intention of playing some kind of season. Here is an article with quotes from Manfred:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28955618/rob-manfred-says-table-regarding-mlb-return

On 3/25/2020 at 1:32 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I am in the same boat.  Presumably they are waiting to prorate refunds based on what's left of the season.  I see Boras is promoting a season with all 162 games played with playoffs in December in warm weather and dome locals.  Others promoting a bunch of double headers with 7 inning games.  Nothing yet set in stone.

24 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I am in the same boat.  Presumably they are waiting to prorate refunds based on what's left of the season.  I see Boras is promoting a season with all 162 games played with playoffs in December in warm weather and dome locals.  Others promoting a bunch of double headers with 7 inning games.  Nothing yet set in stone.

Well, if we played all playoff games in Arizona....Adam Engel has a chance to be the World Series MVP 😁

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Actually - pretty awesome - looks like tomorrow they will post it and you get MLB.TV for free plus a subscription to the athletic for free. Stoked.

https://www.t-mobile.com/mlb

Thanks, was wondering if they were doing it this year.  Throwing in the free Athletic sub (Fegan!) is just the cherry on top.  T-Mobile has always been good to me.  Been a customer for 15 years now.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Thanks, was wondering if they were doing it this year.  Throwing in the free Athletic sub (Fegan!) is just the cherry on top.  T-Mobile has always been good to me.  Been a customer for 15 years now.

They've been awesome lately, wasn't always that way

I've been with T-Mo for about 15 years. My only gripe, and it's a big one, is their coverage map is a lie. If they claim to have signal, but you can't get one, you can't roam. So multiple times this summer in Colorado there were nice AT&T and Verizon signals but no T-Mo and no roaming because it was light pink on their map. I run into the same issues in Texas hill country and up in Maine. But, they have been great to me for most of these years so I stay loyal. Three times they have lowered my bill without me asking while keeping or improving my service. 

Setting a reminder to get free MLB!

5 hours ago, Mr. Showtime said:

It's in the T-Mobile Tuesday APP today, be careful on the Athletic thing it auto renews you at $59.99 after the year if you don't cancel, they list it in the fine print. 

Its why I'm debating actually getting the athletic. I know I'll forget and while the athletic is great, I don't like have an auto renewed anything.  Just got my mlb again though - so at least I can watch these last few spring training games before the regular season kicks off.  Super fired up - especially since I can put it in the background while I work from home.  

25 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I didn't click on the athletic thing

No - they are both seperate (MLB & Athletic). You just go into your tmobile tuesday app, click save on the MLB TV one, than hit redeem and either set-up a new account (if you didn't have one previously) or apply it to your existing account by loggin in.  Super simple.  

If you want athletic - you do the same thing, but for the athletic sign-up.  I am curious if Tmobile will do free athletic again next year or if this was more of a one-time deal because the MLB TV was cheaper (so they had a bit more funds to apply for athletic).