Field of Dreams Game Cancelled

Quin

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 7:40 PM, Quin said:

Because for a brief, fleeting moment I forgot what timeline we were in.

This thread should be on page 10 by now. Having a Field of Dreams game this year would be ridiculous . There was no world wide pandemic making attendance ( if you build it they will come ) practically impossible nor threatening the health and safety of everyone involved during baseball when the movie was made ,  The title "Field of Dreams" itself becomes a cruel joke on the current state of baseball this year. It's more a nightmare than a dream .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

It would be such a cubs and espn move to strip this national opportunity from the White Sox and give it to the Cubs...

Does anyone really care that much? This idea never really moved the meter for me. I think the movie is terrible though. 

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Does anyone really care that much? This idea never really moved the meter for me. I think the movie is terrible though. 

Not so much “care”, but if they’re playing a game in a cornfield in Iowa based on the book and movie, the one team that needs to be in that game is the Chicago White Sox. 

34 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I actually agree. I love movies and I find Field of Dreams to be terrible as well. But you can't do a Field of Dreams game without the White Sox....

On 6/28/2020 at 12:20 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

I thought the White Sox were the ones who came up with the idea?  Find it pretty far fetched that somehow we wouldn’t be involved.

The owners of the property were a Southside Chicago couple who wanted to make an amateur facility that locals were opposed to. The current project is temporary. The wife ran the company but passed away. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Field of Dreams Game Cancelled