RIP Ed Farmer

aboz56

On 4/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, bmags said:

wow, i want to hear it now. Sounds unbelievable the crowd noise wouldn't be noticeable. But it was definitely his best call ever and the one of the world series.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:14 PM, Texsox said:

I wonder if that audio is available anywhere

Konerkos_grand_slam.mp3

I can think of no file that needs to be in this thread more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmags said:

It makes me more confused tbh. The crowd noise is perfectly in sync with the call. I have no radio experience but doesn’t seem like they could match it up so fast.

Same here.  My guess is even during the break they keep the sound recording....so after the 10 second ID they rewound the tape and pointed to Farmer to go.  If you listen carefully MAYBE the cheers happen a second early?  But I agree, you would never know the difference.  Rodewald would have no reason to make up the story....so I would have to believe him.

• Thanks 1

When I was in college for broadcasting I got to sit in the booth with DJ/Ed for a broadcast in 2014. Ed was so cool to me. He took aside a lot of time to give me tips and let me ask him some questions. He said "Hey, I have five minutes. Here's your chance! I will answer ANY question." I was stunned and didn't know what to say. I didn't even expect an acknowledgement outside of maybe a "hey, how do ya do". The media guy who showed me in there told me to sit and be silent. I did not wind-up having to do that, in the least. lol

I was sad to hear of his passing. 

• Like 1