Radio Broadcast Speculation Thread

Panerista

3 hours ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Yikes. Score host gigs don't last long.

Is Matt Spiegel still on the payroll?

Spiegs is great. He hosts Inside the Clubhouse with Bruce Levine on Saturday Morning and Hit and Run on Sundays. He was just on the FutureSox podcast with Mike Rankin and I. It was good stuff. 

16 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Spiegs is great. He hosts Inside the Clubhouse with Bruce Levine on Saturday Morning and Hit and Run on Sundays. He was just on the FutureSox podcast with Mike Rankin and I. It was good stuff. 

Oh, I love him. I was just curious if he was still on staff because i know his role had been shrinking

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Bernstein is the best host on that station, and management knows it. He's bulletproof. He has a job until he doesn't want one anymore. 

Yeah, that's pretty much the case. 670 would be pretty vanilla without him, agree with him or (usually) not.

Edit: And I know people don't like him, but his first 10 minutes on the show this morning were great.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

Bruce is a little bit of an institution here. Besides who would take his place?

speigal got fired at the score and is terrible. He won’t be getting any jobs in this market. I mean if you’re looking for a guy who

wheezes while he speaks because he’s about 300 pounds over weight and has no discipline then hire the guy to do pizza tasting sample tasting. He’ll jump at that in a second.

37 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

speigal got fired at the score and is terrible. He won’t be getting any jobs in this market. I mean if you’re looking for a guy who

wheezes while he speaks because he’s about 300 pounds over weight and has no discipline then hire the guy to do pizza tasting sample tasting. He’ll jump at that in a second.

What the fuck does his weight have to with his ability to be a sports radio host?  At least he’s not some douche who thinks talking shit on an anonymous message board makes them a badass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

Take a reporter out of college and they can take Bruce's spot. They might know how to avoid constant fact errors.

Meanwhile, you attack a dude for his weight.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Take a reporter out of college and they can take Bruce's spot. They might know how to avoid constant fact errors.

Meanwhile, you attack a dude for his weight.

That’s probably the best part.  Whether you are a Spiegel fan or not, we can all agree that Bruce is absolutely terrible.  Can’t believe anyone would argue that he’s somehow irreplaceable.

1 hour ago, runtheballdown said:

This is pathetic.  Come back when you have a quality critique. 

On 4/3/2020 at 5:05 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Bernstein is the best host on that station, and management knows it. He's bulletproof. He has a job until he doesn't want one anymore. 

Absolutely. I know he gets a bad rap here...but him and Boers in their heyday were incredible. Between some of their feuds, who ya crapping, and the way they handled 911, he is indeed bulletproof. I always wondered why he didn't get more involved with White Sox broadcasting since baseball is a big deal to him. Interested to see who gets the gig.

15 hours ago, runtheballdown said:

You're a fucking asshole. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Absolutely. I know he gets a bad rap here...but him and Boers in their heyday were incredible. Between some of their feuds, who ya crapping, and the way they handled 911, he is indeed bulletproof. I always wondered why he didn't get more involved with White Sox broadcasting since baseball is a big deal to him. Interested to see who gets the gig.

I absolutely love Bernstein's shows. The years where Boers was sick and Rozner would fill in occasionally were pretty awesome too. 

I wish that Rozner would have stuck around at the Score because he and Bernstein were great. The McGowan stuff was an all timer. 

21 hours ago, runtheballdown said:

• Like 1