ESPN: MLB looking at May start, all games in AZ, several changes

soxfan49

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Obviously, the 2020 schedule is caput. Does anyone think they might just repeat the same exact schedule they originally had this year and use it for 2021? London/Field of Dreams games included?

That would be the smart way to go. This season wouldn't count for anything in terms to teams played, when, and where. So just push the future schedules back a year. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, SonofaRoache said:

Most groceries stores by me are booked for weeks on end for deliveries. 

Do you have a Walmart nearby? My wife orders on the app and we set a pickup date and time. Never leave the car, they place everything in the trunk  and then they sign for the charge. Sometimes the pickup date goes 2-4 days out, but it works well.

1 hour ago, Saufley said:

Do you have a Walmart nearby? My wife orders on the app and we set a pickup date and time. Never leave the car, they place everything in the trunk  and then they sign for the charge. Sometimes the pickup date goes 2-4 days out, but it works well.

I did not think of that. I don't mind driving to our local Walmart for that scenario. Thank you. 

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, SonofaRoache said:

Most groceries stores by me are booked for weeks on end for deliveries. 

Kind of scary. Shows what can happen if supply dwindles as the economy tanks. National crisis: Health/economy both, not just health, governors. 

That said ... do you think there will be baseball? Where are the players working out now?

Edited by greg775

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Kind of scary. Shows what can happen if supply dwindles as the economy tanks. National crisis: Health/economy both, not just health, governors. 

That said ... do you think there will be baseball? Where are the players working out now?

I do think so, but I think they do thge Arizona/Florida thang. July 1 is my guess! 81 game season

On 4/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, SonofaRoache said:

That would be the smart way to go. This season wouldn't count for anything in terms to teams played, when, and where. So just push the future schedules back a year. 

But what do you do about contracts if they don't have a season? Do the players burn a year? Does this year just not count? Too many issues with that. It isn't the players fault there might not be baseball this year.

It's a tough scenario.

49 minutes ago, CanOfCorn said:

But what do you do about contracts if they don't have a season? Do the players burn a year? Does this year just not count? Too many issues with that. It isn't the players fault there might not be baseball this year.

It's a tough scenario.

In order to make this work, there would have to be a rapid agreement between the owners and the Union on how to interpret contracts, revenue, service time, viral safety issues, all that stuff. 

This is one of the reasons why, even if we're not sure how it would work, to make it happen at all they need to be currently working on possible plans, because every one of those things would need time to work out.

Maybe our strategy should be to start zoom-bombing every call we can find until we finally have someone wind up in a room with the commissioner...

54 minutes ago, CanOfCorn said:

It's a tough scenario.

Yep the players will burn a year of service. It just wouldn't be good optics if they didn't. This is why I am almost certain baseball will be played. 

• Like 1