Would you trade Robert for Franco?

Quin

On 4/15/2020 at 10:40 AM, turnin' two said:

Franco is the only guy I think I'd even consider.  But in the end, I'm keeping Robert, for a few reasons. 

First, honestly, a bit of emotional attachment (this is for me, not saying how a franchise should operate).  I have been very heavily invested in following the path of Robert ever since the Sox were rumored to be interested.  I'd hate to throw all that emotional attachment away.  And for the record, no I am not John Paxon.

Secondly, he fits perfectly.  Robert is basically the perfect addition to this team right now.  He fits positionally.  He fits the window.  He fits the lineup.  He even fits the White Sox legacy of great Cuban players.  He just fits.

Third, is the contract.  The Sox have already extended their control for 2 more prime years on Robert.  

Their ceilings are pretty darn close.  The both have great potential to be star players with the bat and the glove in premium positions.  They both have physical tools that are off the charts.  They have both obliterated minor league pitching.  Could Wander be better? Sure.  Could Luis?  Sure.  And right now, quite simply, Robert is safer.  When the season starts, he'll be in the bigs.  He has arrived.  He also signed an extension, which removes some uncertainty.  His contract includes options, so that safeguards the team.  Franco carries a little more risk, in that he is further away and in terms of contract status when he arrives.  To me, even emotional attachment aside, I'm taking Robert.

This for sure. We are heavily invested in our team and players as most diehards are. Robert is our minds has been a White Sox  since he accepted the offer.He could turn out to be the GOAT. Keep the Panther GOAT.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I suppose Franco as much as I like TIm and hope he doesnt regress.....I see per Wikipedia, Wander has brothers all named Wander was wondering how that works out around dinner time 😁

Let's sign that other Wander and hope some GM is dumb enough to trade for him, like when Arizona's Dave Stewart traded for the wrong Luis A. Basabe.

https://arizonasports.com/story/742725/yahoo-teams-gobsmacked-by-d-backs-haul-in-brad-ziegler-trade/

Edited by MiddleCoastBias
  • Haha 1