Will There Be a 2020 Season?

hogan873

Will there be a 2020 season? And if so, what will it look like?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK is going to happen?

• Season is cancelled
    • Season starts in June with all teams in AZ. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June with teams at spring training facilities. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June either in AZ or spring training sites, and limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks with no fans all season
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks. Limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer.
    • Another scenario...leave some comments

25 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This is a joke. Manfred is a moron. 

It's not Manfred per se. It's the owners sticking to their number. Now the question Manfred who works for the owners not the players will need to answer is what is the best for the game? Letting the players have their full prorated salary or let the owners lose money. He has said he hopes they work it out but will institute the season with a certain number of games. My guess it will about 54 , if there is no deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's not Manfred per se. It's the owners sticking to their number. Now the question Manfred who works for the owners not the players will need to answer is what is the best for the game? Letting the players have their full prorated salary or let the owners lose money. He has said he hopes they work it out but will institute the season with a certain number of games. My guess it will about 54 , if there is no deal.

I was going to say, there's not a lot he can right now. Better to let the 2 sides come to an agreement rather than screwing over one side.

22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

My guess it will about 54 , if there is no deal.

Any ideas on what the players will do? Do you think some will sit out? Will they all 'strike'? Will they just agree to it and play ball? 

I know they had an agreement earlier on, but seems like some players voiced their concerns over a shortened season. 

As a fan, a short 48 game season is pretty pathetic, especially with the extended playoffs. 

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

The only one who may not be ready is Rodon. They should have Giolito, Kopech, Cease, Gonzalez and Keuchal.

I remember Rodon being talked about as being ready around the All Star Break, and by the time they start a season, that is about where we will be.

43 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Any ideas on what the players will do? Do you think some will sit out? Will they all 'strike'? Will they just agree to it and play ball? 

I know they had an agreement earlier on, but seems like some players voiced their concerns over a shortened season. 

As a fan, a short 48 game season is pretty pathetic, especially with the extended playoffs. 

They aren't allowed to strike. Players can sit out but they won't get paid. I don't think Manfred will pick a number. I think they'll agree on 60 games and expand the playoffs. 

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I remember Rodon being talked about as being ready around the All Star Break, and by the time they start a season, that is about where we will be.

This is true. That's why I said may not be. It's a close timeline but he could be ready.

18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They aren't allowed to strike. Players can sit out but they won't get paid. I don't think Manfred will pick a number. I think they'll agree on 60 games and expand the playoffs. 

That would be the best scenario. It they way it should have been. However you can see the players wanting to make more 9f their money and the owners protecting themselves if there is no playoffs.

Just now, ptatc said:

That would be the best scenario. It they way it should have been. However you can see the players wanting to make more 9f their money and the owners protecting themselves if there is no playoffs.

The owners haven't really budged off their percentages. They're just prolonging the time spent debating. The 72 game proposal from today is the equivalent of prorated pay for 58 games. I think the owners come up from 58 in exchange for expanded playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The owners haven't really budged off their percentages. They're just prolonging the time spent debating. The 72 game proposal from today is the equivalent of prorated pay for 58 games. I think the owners come up from 58 in exchange for expanded playoffs. 

Correct. The only thing they are changing is offering more games and a percentage if the playoffs happen. Other than that it's the same dollar amount they have stated the entire time. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Coop said Kopech is ready and Rodon is pretty close to being ready and ot could be a matter of weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

WTF is with the owners???? They're sending the same proposal over and over again in disguise. 

They're not engaging in good faith negotiations. They have to give a little. I think the players will give a bit if they actually negotiate. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

WTF is with the owners???? They're sending the same proposal over and over again in disguise. 

They're not engaging in good faith negotiations. They have to give a little. I think the players will give a bit if they actually negotiate. 

Have the players made any proposal yet that was at less than full prorated dollars? I see it as the players being greedy here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not in disguise. The players know the number the owners want to be at so the dont lose money. The owners are trying to find a scenario the players will like better. If the players dont like the added games, Manfred will institute the number of games at full prorated salary that meets this number it's about 58.

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's now a 6 team league with the Chicago Dogs playing out of the Milwaukee Milkmen stadium.  What a coincidence.  

Where is that stadium. I've never heard of them.