Will There Be a 2020 Season?

hogan873

Will there be a 2020 season? And if so, what will it look like?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK is going to happen?

• Season is cancelled
    • Season starts in June with all teams in AZ. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June with teams at spring training facilities. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June either in AZ or spring training sites, and limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks with no fans all season
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks. Limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer.
    • Another scenario...leave some comments

52 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I think it would be great if fans can attend Sox games this year.  I don't think I would go to a game.  Partially due to the risk, but more so because of logistics.  I can't imagine it would be as enjoyable as it should be.

I don't know - if you clean the stadium and just have fans super spread out across the whole stadium, it seems super feasible. The hard part is probably the inefficiency of the concession stands (since you literally are using the entire ballpark to cater to 8K fans. You also presumably would need to be pretty strict in terms of people actually staying in their assigned seats, etc.  

In some ways, it might be awesome, because you have massive amount of space to yourself vs. being crammed at a game. While crowded/sell out games are fun because of the crowd noise, I also very much enjoy being able to go to a ballgame and be able to spread out and not be super crammed/packed in.  

47 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't know - if you clean the stadium and just have fans super spread out across the whole stadium, it seems super feasible. The hard part is probably the inefficiency of the concession stands (since you literally are using the entire ballpark to cater to 8K fans. You also presumably would need to be pretty strict in terms of people actually staying in their assigned seats, etc.  

In some ways, it might be awesome, because you have massive amount of space to yourself vs. being crammed at a game. While crowded/sell out games are fun because of the crowd noise, I also very much enjoy being able to go to a ballgame and be able to spread out and not be super crammed/packed in.  

Good point.  I would think they'd have to spread out how fans enter the park.  Probably have to have assigned gates and maybe even times for entry.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It's not going to go away.  People who refuse to do anything before a vaccine may have a loooooong boring life ahead.. It could be YEARS for one.

I will relax when it isn’t such a threat, and that may be without a vaccine. But I will not put myself in situations just asking for it, even though I don’t have any of the underlying conditions that are said to make the symptoms worse,  and I also have type O blood which some studies say help the cause. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Shut down concessions. 

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Manfred got what he wanted. Drag this out until there was no more time, they win. 

Ahh but they didn't win. Now they have a potentialbillion dollar grievance hanging over their heads, the loss of millions to the owners in expanded playoffs money all for the savings associated with 8-12 games.

1. Say it ain't so Joe, please say it ain't so
  2. That's not what I want to hear Joe
  3. Ain't I got a right to know
  4. Say it ain't so Joe, please say it ain't so
  5. I'm sure they're telling us lies Joe
  6. Please tell us it ain't so
  7. They told us our hero has played his trump card
  8. He doesn't know how to go on
  9. We're clinging to his charm and determined smile
  10. But the good old days are gone
  11. The image and the empire may be falling apart
  12. The money has gotten scarce