Will There Be a 2020 Season?

hogan873

Will there be a 2020 season? And if so, what will it look like?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK is going to happen?

• Season is cancelled
    • Season starts in June with all teams in AZ. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June with teams at spring training facilities. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June either in AZ or spring training sites, and limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks with no fans all season
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks. Limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer.
    • Another scenario...leave some comments

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

So the union wins big. They still get 60 games (not 48) plus keep their grievance rights and deny owners the most profitable part of the earlier bargain which is the playoff expansion. 

Knowing this, it's hard for me to understand why they should've accepted this

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If they don’t at least try, there are then problems with the 2021 season due to the virus again and, after all that, acrimonious CBA discussions, the economic foundation/viability of the sport will shaken for at least 10-12 and potentially half the ownership groups.

Zero sum game.

Edited by caulfield12

33 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The expanded playoffs, which included 2020 and 2021, was a minimum 14 games a season. That could have been sold. A universal DH could have meant more money being spent on players. Plus, it could have helped the sports public perception and an agreement could have been used as a springboard for the new CBA. But I won’t blame the players. Their 70 games had no chance, but the owners could have done the right thing and shown some grace and gone to 64 or 65, and let both parties save a little face over this fiasco.

Man, I just really don’t think this is worth it. We have pretty much zero idea what the long term effects of this is, and whether or not players will be the same after recovering. Because they aren’t going to get 60 games in. 

Edited by mqr
  • Thanks 1