Will There Be a 2020 Season?

hogan873

Will there be a 2020 season? And if so, what will it look like?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK is going to happen?

• Season is cancelled
    • Season starts in June with all teams in AZ. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June with teams at spring training facilities. No fans all season.
    • Season starts in June either in AZ or spring training sites, and limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks with no fans all season
    • Season starts in June/July at home parks. Limited attendance is eventually allowed by late summer.
    • Another scenario...leave some comments

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think they should consider moving Lopez to the bullpen. He'd probably end up throwing 100 mph out of the pen and because he's really inconsistent with his secondary pitches, he can experiment with all three of them to see which ones work best. I think he should focus on his curve and change because I think those are his better secondaries. The problem he has using slider/changeup is that they're both around the same velocity in the mid 80s. 

The other thing is that you have to see if Rodon can stay healthy. If he does, you might be able to get him for a bargain of a contract because of his injury issues. We all know what Rodon can do when he's healthy....the issue is that he's rarely available. 

If I were setting the rotation it would be: 

Giolito

Keuchel

Kopech/Cease

Rodon

Cease/Kopech

Gonzalez as a piggy back with Kopech/Rodon/Cease if necessary

Lopez to the bullpen, with the option to piggy back if Gonzalez is unavailable. 

No reason to give up on Lopez starting yet. The guy has great stuff and has thrown some gems. Let him start another year. 

Sal Perez and Freeman test positive. It's pretty apparent the only way we have baseball is playing through the positive tests and figuring the new normal in America is letting coronavirus do its thing. This sucks, all the positive tests in sports.   Just saw the end of a TBT game on ESPN. The two coaches were standing there about one foot from each other chatting and players doing the same. They obviously aren't concerned but I am.

Edited by greg775

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sal Perez and Freeman test positive. It's pretty apparent the only way we have baseball is playing through the positive tests and figuring the new normal in America is letting coronavirus do its thing. This sucks, all the positive tests in sports.   Just saw the end of a TBT game on ESPN. The two coaches were standing there about one foot from each other chatting and players doing the same. They obviously aren't concerned but I am.

Just because our government failed us is no reason to “let the coronavirus do its thing”. Why do other countries not have the issues we have? The White House made this political and failed us all. If one baseball player or one NBA player or one NFL pllayyeror one NHL player gets so sick he dies or cannot continue with his career, the just live with it people will change their tune.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, pcq said:

Vanessa is AA and I am sure he must be suffering from that white guilt syndrome we read about. Dealing with CV can be exhausting as well. He will be back. Ian Desmond had a hard time too. 

AA?

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Just because our government failed us is no reason to “let the coronavirus do its thing”. Why do other countries not have the issues we have? The White House made this political and failed us all. If one baseball player or one NBA player or one NFL pllayyeror one NHL player gets so sick he dies or cannot continue with his career, the just live with it people will change their tune.

I’d imagine part of it is we’re morbidly obese as a nation.

I’d imagine that’s why a country like Japan is able to succeed with their Public healthcare system. They don’t need to perform gastric bypasses all day, everyday.  Universal healthcare is easy when your people are generally healthy. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

How did the White House specifically fail us? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, spiderman said:

How did the White House specifically fail us? 

We were supposed to shut everything down with martial law and never let anybody or any imports into the country ever again.  

Even doing that the urban areas would have still gotten hit hard but overall we’d have less dead

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

We were supposed to shut everything down with martial law and never let anybody or any imports into the country ever again.  

Even doing that the urban areas would have still gotten hit hard but overall we’d have less dead

I would have loved to see Trump attempting to shut down the country in February.  There is not one politician that would have supported that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spiderman said:

I would have loved to see Trump attempting to shut down the country in February.  There is not one politician that would have supported that.

Of course not.  Headlines:

“Xenophobia is officially in charge.  Prison camps next?”

”Look at unracist Sweden wide open doing just fine!”

• Like 1

The white house failed us when they 'politicized' the virus calling it a democratic hoax. Because of that a lot of Trump supporters still refuse to wear a mask. Just a few months ago Jerksticks was saying it was a common cold. Probably still believes that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tony said:

That’s where I’m at as well. I think they get it started...but I’ll be somewhat surprised if MLB makes it to the post season. I think you’ll see a team have 12-14 guys test positive, and when you basically eliminate a team, you’ve got to shut it down. 

Yep. Shit sucks.

I think they release the full schedule tomorrow. That will be fun at least. This season, I think we basically have to enjoy whatever is given to us. It's all gravy from here on out.

50 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Rodon looks a bit bloated in the picture on the White Sox twitter feed.

If it's helping him hit 98-99 (didn't C.C. Sabathia pitch better with weight on than off?) then bring on chubby Los. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Rodon looks a bit bloated in the picture on the White Sox twitter feed.

That’s because, like the rest of us, he’s been stuck inside drinking beer for the past 4 months!

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I wish I could wake up and have it be July 24th, with the promise hours ahead of watching a real live baseball game.

I hear you. We're about 112 days from Game 7 of the World Series (if nec). Hope we make it there, safely and happily. 

29 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I wish I could wake up and have it be July 24th, with the promise hours ahead of watching a real live baseball game.

Me too. However, I'm being selfish as it's my birthday. 😁