2005 Sox Rewind

flavum

13 hours ago, flavum said:

Game 2 tonight. AKA the Chris Berman Ohhh Nooo Game. 

That was a great game to re-enjoy tonight...and Berman was as biased as I remembered him.  At one point in my life, I would look forward to Sportscenter and relish Chris Berman showing an Ivan "bubbling" Calderon highlight....but I really grew to dislike Berman during this series against the BoSox.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, flavum said:

Been enjoying watching these games. The game was so much better 15 years ago. 

Today's game is Bobby Jenks debut. Frank homers. JD plays 1st base. Podsednik beats out Jeter in an all star vote.

The person who threw out the first pitch for this game (7/6/05) was former Negro Leaguer Teddy “Double Duty” Radcliffe for his 103rd Birthday. 

When he was 88 in 1990, he was robbed and beaten at a South Side project. The Baseball Assistance team found him housing thereafter.

When he was 97 in 1999, he appeared in a professional game for the Schaumburg Flyers. 

Starting with his 100th Birthday in 2002, he’d throw out the first pitch at a Sox game each year on his birthday. He had been a frequent game-goer through the years. 

Someone who would be 118 years old today was a part of the 2005 Sox season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Game 1 of the ALCS tonight. If you’re in the “never bunt” camp, this is the game for you.

also...MLB Network is showing 4/22/91 tomorrow. Frank Thomas turns 52 so they’re showing the game of his first homer at New Comiskey Park. 

On 5/22/2020 at 8:09 PM, Balta1701 said:

Prior to that game, we were all panicked, and someone here took a photo of the Angels Rally Monkey and photoshopped Joe Crede’s face on it as the Rally Crede. It was after 9:00 and I was sitting in my office stressed out waiting, literally half this site had the Rally Crede as their avatar already, and bang. Even though we lost the next game, we had our swagger back. We went to Minny, lost game 1, then McCarthy gave us a great performance, and that was Cleveland’s last chance. I think that may have started the 8 game win streak to end the year. The Rally Crede and McCarthy, they pulled us out of it. Many of us had the Rally Crede as our avatars the rest of that offseason. 

And yes, I have this. credehr.wav

Ah yes...my finest moment of photoshop.  I'm still waiting for the White Sox to send me a 2005 World Series Ring for the creation of that :)