Alexei Ramirez wants to make a comeback with White Sox/MLB

Jose Abreu

Waiting for first comment that he might now look older than Contreras, El Duque and Minoso...bet he’s still thin as a rail, and could put on a pretty good show in BP like Julio Franco recently did at 61.

Of course, we we will never forget that amazing (and heartbreaking, after CQ went down) 2008 season, especially the crazy four game stretch at the end.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Normally I would agree but does that make sense if there is no MILB this year? Where does he play then?

I mean, if he’s bad you cut him. If he’s good, he makes the 30/35/40 man roster. However big the roster is, it’s going to go deep whether that is daily rosters, or a tad squad or what. But this will be a different deal than we’re used to. Lots of guys who wouldn’t otherwise be playing in the bigs are going to get shots. 
the comment was mostly in jest tho. How old is Alexei? If I had to take a stab without looking - listed at 38, but probably in his early 40s. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, if he’s bad you cut him. If he’s good, he makes the 30/35/40 man roster. However big the roster is, it’s going to go deep whether that is daily rosters, or a tad squad or what. But this will be a different deal than we’re used to. Lots of guys who wouldn’t otherwise be playing in the bigs are going to get shots. 
the comment was mostly in jest tho. How old is Alexei? If I had to take a stab without looking - listed at 38, but probably in his early 40s. 

Had to look. Nailed it.

insert office gif. 

and obviously meant taxi squad not tad squad. 

Edited by ChiSox59

18 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I think I'm one of the few who thought Alexei was just not a very good ML player.   Very disappointing after a promising rookie season. 

Alexei may not have been a "Very good" player, but he was absolutely a "Good" player for a number of years. Alexei also had the potential to be a very good to great player, so not reaching that potential was disappointing, but he was absolutely a fine player to have on our roster. If Tim Anderson had a career as productive as Alexei's we would be content. Not thrilled or delighted, but absolutely content. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...