White Sox release 25 minor leaguers

Quin

Seeing this list makes me wonder if this is why there are so many changes that have happened in the drafting/scouting areas. That list is loaded with pretty recent additions.  

My other thought is I wonder if this is a response to the inevitable loss of at least one minor league team in our organization. That is essentially 1 team's worth of players. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seeing this list makes me wonder if this is why there are so many changes that have happened in the drafting/scouting areas. That list is loaded with pretty recent additions.  

My other thought is I wonder if this is a response to the inevitable loss of at least one minor league team in our organization. That is essentially 1 team's worth of players. 

Yeah, quite a few seniors from last year. Those dudes losing a year of development is killer, specifically a guy like Simmons.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is why. Another team (forgot who) released like 30 minor leaguers the other day.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

This is why. Another team (forgot who) released like 30 minor leaguers the other day.

One more thought just hit me.  It is May 27.  There would have been about 3 months of gradual releases at this point to start to make room for the 2020 picks and signings in a normal year.  We'd also have had a list of guys hitting the DL and having surgery etc that would have been freeing up roster spots.  We have had none of those right now.

5 hours ago, HollywoodTim said:

Can someone post the full list?  That twitter link cuts off.

I was able to right click on each column (1 at a time) and then I saw the list of 12 everyday players and next the 14 pitchers.

• 7 months later...