Sign in to follow this  
Quin

White Sox release 25 minor leaguers

Hate to see all these dreams take a step back at the minimum

Particularly Guerrero, Maldonado, Shilling, and Davis

Seeing this list makes me wonder if this is why there are so many changes that have happened in the drafting/scouting areas. That list is loaded with pretty recent additions.  

My other thought is I wonder if this is a response to the inevitable loss of at least one minor league team in our organization. That is essentially 1 team's worth of players. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seeing this list makes me wonder if this is why there are so many changes that have happened in the drafting/scouting areas. That list is loaded with pretty recent additions.  

My other thought is I wonder if this is a response to the inevitable loss of at least one minor league team in our organization. That is essentially 1 team's worth of players. 

Yeah, quite a few seniors from last year. Those dudes losing a year of development is killer, specifically a guy like Simmons.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

How does an overslot HSer get cut so quickly? Seems early anyways

He doesn't walk, has no power and strikes out quite  a bit. Early to give up on a HS guy but he has shown absolutely nothing and they probably just don't see it.

17 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is why. Another team (forgot who) released like 30 minor leaguers the other day.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

This is why. Another team (forgot who) released like 30 minor leaguers the other day.

One more thought just hit me.  It is May 27.  There would have been about 3 months of gradual releases at this point to start to make room for the 2020 picks and signings in a normal year.  We'd also have had a list of guys hitting the DL and having surgery etc that would have been freeing up roster spots.  We have had none of those right now.

5 hours ago, HollywoodTim said:

Can someone post the full list?  That twitter link cuts off.

I was able to right click on each column (1 at a time) and then I saw the list of 12 everyday players and next the 14 pitchers.