Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Jimmy0

FS: Draft Profile- Jared Kelley RHP Refugio High School (Texas)

Recommended Posts

I like to imagine you were extremely excited to share this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Quin said:

I like to imagine you were extremely excited to share this.

It was a fun one to write. I'd lean against them going this route at this point though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It was a fun one to write. I'd lean against them going this route at this point though. 

This route as in Kelley? Or as in a prep pitcher at this spot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

This route as in Kelley? Or as in a prep pitcher at this spot?

Both IMO. They were all over Jared Kelley this year and loved him over the summer. Jim Callis mentioned them with Bitsko and Abel as well. I just wouldn't bet on them taking the plunge. These opinions are changing and we're obviously a week away but I think Reid Detmers is the selection if available. If he's not, I think it's a prep hitter but nobody should be surprised by a college hitter with their history. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Both IMO. They were all over Jared Kelley this year and loved him over the summer. Jim Callis mentioned them with Bitsko and Abel as well. I just wouldn't bet on them taking the plunge. These opinions are changing and we're obviously a week away but I think Reid Detmers is the selection if available. If he's not, I think it's a prep hitter but nobody should be surprised by a college hitter with their history. 

Thanks for the insight. While prep selections with the 1st round pick are seemingly more exciting to me because it would be "different", I think I would be okay with an approach similar to last season. Grab the college arm or hitter first and then grab some of the more projectable prep arms/bats with picks 2 and 3. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Both IMO. They were all over Jared Kelley this year and loved him over the summer. Jim Callis mentioned them with Bitsko and Abel as well. I just wouldn't bet on them taking the plunge. These opinions are changing and we're obviously a week away but I think Reid Detmers is the selection if available. If he's not, I think it's a prep hitter but nobody should be surprised by a college hitter with their history. 

I must tell you that you are one of the most insightful sports writers i have ever read, keep up the great work and Thank you for all the great info you give us fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Thanks for the insight. While prep selections with the 1st round pick are seemingly more exciting to me because it would be "different", I think I would be okay with an approach similar to last season. Grab the college arm or hitter first and then grab some of the more projectable prep arms/bats with picks 2 and 3. 

Yeah I'm actually writing something on this currently. I'm not interested in going with a college hitter this year. It usually makes sense and is fairly safe, but I don't like it for lots of reasons at #11 in this class. I love the prep hitters and without a minor league season and what next year looks like very uncertain, I hope they go younger. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah I'm actually writing something on this currently. I'm not interested in going with a college hitter this year. It usually makes sense and is fairly safe, but I don't like it for lots of reasons at #11 in this class. I love the prep hitters and without a minor league season and what next year looks like very uncertain, I hope they go younger. 

Same, 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tony said:

I want to let everyone know that in my main OOTP save, I drafted Jared Kelly in the first round of the 2020 draft, and he failed to sign with the Sox. I think drafting this punk is a bad idea. Let’s not make the same mistake twice.
 

😀

He'd sign this time lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

SHIT

 

lol

Hahahaha. That is gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×