George Floyd Thread

greg775

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That said, if you asked everyone in America who was an independent or unregistered voter if “defunding police departments” (without explaining how those financial resources would be reallocated) you’d likely have a majority in favor of preserving police departments, including the current and likely to be former mayor of Minneapolis.

Omar said she wants police dismantled. The protestors are saying it. Has our education system dwindled so much that people never read books about human nature? Nobody has read George Orwell? Glad to see Biden put an end to this ridiculous notion. He wants police to stay.

https://hannity.com/media-room/omar-unleashed-minneapolis-police-department-is-rotten-to-the-root-must-be-completely-dismantled/

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Trump...I am not even sure he’s 100% racist, I think he simply is a master at manipulating his base with dog whistles, another version of Karl Rove and Lee Atwater.   His father was definitely racist, which he absorbed and then mainstreamed to make it palatable enough to serve his purposes.  He knows exactly where that line is (unlike with his treatment of women), and he keeps pushing at it and pushing at it, except he doesn’t realize that he’s no longer on the winning side of the NFL anthem argument or the winning side of the “law and order” argument.  Charlottesville was close to going over the edge.  As a businessman, he knows he risks endangering his brand...which makes him much more dangerous than a common, everyday run of the mill racist...because he manipulates his followers to act out without having to face any real consequences of his exercise of free speech.   

That said, if you asked everyone in America who was an independent or unregistered voter if “defunding police departments” (without explaining how those financial resources would be reallocated) you’d likely have a majority in favor of preserving police departments, including the current and likely to be former mayor of Minneapolis.

People throw around the word "racist" so much. There are a ton of racists in the world, but there also are millions of people who are NOT racist. Why don't we ever celebrate them? In fact I'd say most people are not racist. I truly believe that.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Why do I get blamed like I'm coming up with some novel thing when Trump has said it, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson has said it and it's getting talked about all over the dial? 

Maybe you shouldn't repeat what dumbasses say

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

People throw around the word "racist" so much. There are a ton of racists in the world, but there also are millions of people who are NOT racist. Why don't we ever celebrate them? In fact I'd say most people are not racist. I truly believe that.

if only there was some  new information that could be used to show the world that the President is a racist.  Maybe a law suit over his racist housing policies, or his continued usage of racist terminology, or racist propaganda, boy if only there were people out there who found this new information and presented it to the general public in an easily digestible format.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Omar said she wants police dismantled. The protestors are saying it. Has our education system dwindled so much that people never read books about human nature? Nobody has read George Orwell? Glad to see Biden put an end to this ridiculous notion. He wants police to stay.

https://hannity.com/media-room/omar-unleashed-minneapolis-police-department-is-rotten-to-the-root-must-be-completely-dismantled/

JFC.

Defunding =/= no police anywhere. It means get rid of what's not working and REPLACE with something better.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

JFC.

Defunding =/= no police anywhere. It means get rid of what's not working and REPLACE with something better.

Poor "greg" there is just nobody out there where he can find this information, so that he can learn and replace his wrong ideas with actual and correct ones.

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

if only there was some  new information that could be used to show the world that the President is a racist.  Maybe a law suit over his racist housing policies, or his continued usage of racist terminology, or racist propaganda, boy if only there were people out there who found this new information and presented it to the general public in an easily digestible format.

You can't understand it for them. 

Trump's tweet:

Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 9, 2020

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Trump's tweet:

Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 9, 2020

So the dude risked his life by falling harder than he was pushed...

14 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

One moment is accusing people of overacting and overreacting, the next he is talking about the National Guard needing to be brought in days earlier.  And yet people will still fall for this cult leaders every whim.

A secret police scanner! A trick fall! A potential ANTIFA setup! It’s like the Triple Crown of Trump crazy all jammed into one cockamamie tweet. But maybe he’s on to something, so perhaps let’s track down the pseudo-sourced allegation, which originated from the pseudo-news organization OANN. So what kind of reporting was Trump relying on from the far-right propaganda outlet? Take a look for yourself. Seriously.

It literally sounds like it was narrated by a Russian-accented computer program. It’s like Siri went to Moscow and had a stroke. Let’s leave aside the veracity of the report, which, come on, and drill down on the fact that Trump watched this piece of creepy video spam and thought: That’ll play. People are saying, just asking the questions, after all.

To quote our new Russian cyborg overlord: “an old trick.” Yes, indeed, comrade.  
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/06/trump-crazypants-oann-news-report-narratedrussian-accented-computer.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/us/washington-family-accused-antifa/index.html

The family told the group they weren't affiliated with Antifa and had to drive their bus around multiple vehicles as they left the store, police said. 

As the family got on the road again, they told police they were followed by at least four vehicles -- two of which seemed to be carrying passengers with semiautomatic rifles. 

When they reached their destination and set up a tent, they began hearing gunshots and power saws, police said. 

"The family, concerned for their safety, decided to pack up their camp and leave. As they drove back down the spur road they discovered someone had fell trees across the road, preventing their exit," according to the sheriff's department. 

Four high school students who were in the area called police and used their chainsaw to clear the road, police said. 

The sheriff's office is conducting a criminal investigation.

Edited by caulfield12

14 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ok, but that doesn’t change the fact a lot of these kids are raised in single parent homes.  But I guess fuck em because their parents should have known better right?

Actually the parents said fuck em. They're not my kids. Blame the parents. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

At best, you are one of the most sheltered people I have ever talked to.

Appreciate it. At the end of the day, my life will keep going as it is. They can wait for Godot to come with a magic solution ton get them out of poverty. No need to work, no need to apply yourself in school. Just keep doing what you're doing and wait for someone else to save you. Good plan. Have fun with it. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Butter Parque said:

Appreciate it. At the end of the day, my life will keep going as it is. They can wait for Godot to come with a magic solution ton get them out of poverty. No need to work, no need to apply yourself in school. Just keep doing what you're doing and wait for someone else to save you. Good plan. Have fun with it. 

And at worst, you are something else. The more I see you ignore explanations and life stories of people on the ground of stuff, I think I know which one it is.

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic