Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
greg775

George Floyd Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

First off, I fully disagree with you that all public schools are shitty.  That’s just total bullshit and there are definitely different degrees of bad even among just the shitty ones.  And again, if you are raised in a broken home with a single working parent, it’s very hard to be disciplined enough to stay in & do your homework and not go out & get into trouble.  You act like this all so simple to overcome, but ignore the reality of the vicious cycle that is poverty.  And BTW, your tax dollars don’t magically put everything on an even playing field, they simply provide a bare minimum quality of life.

Kid’s shouldn’t be raised by single parents. That’s the parents’ fault. 
 

They’re free to support they’re own minimum quality of life if they’d like. You talk about them like they’re deaf, dumb, and blind. They’re able-bodied as far as I can tell. In NY they’re begging minorities to work in the FDNY, NYPD. Good job, good benefits, better quality of life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Segregation was a generation ago, thats not really old. 

Not sure how old you are, but in some of your masters classes your classmates may have had parents who lived through it.

But their parents and grandparents should have just tried harder 

Makes sense.

Nope. It seems like the grandparents or parents did as well as they could if the grandchild/child has overcome all of this systemic racism/oppression/assault in order to now be sitting in a grad school classroom. Good for that guy/girl. We need more like them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Butter Parque said:

Kid’s shouldn’t be raised by single parents. That’s the parents’ fault. 

Ok, but that doesn’t change the fact a lot of these kids are raised in single parent homes.  But I guess fuck em because their parents should have known better right?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Butter Parque said:

Nope. It seems like the grandparents or parents did as well as they could if the grandchild/child has overcome all of this systemic racism/oppression/assault in order to now be sitting in a grad school classroom. Good for that guy/girl. We need more like them. 

Maybe in a non rigged system they could have done better. Its patently false to act like slavery is when things became equal.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit; I don't know if I've ever seen someone be this openly and unabashedly racist on a sports forum before.

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we start a thread on Minneapolis to abolish the police force? Was reading today that when the force gets disbanded that will be it for fire department calls and ambulance calls. The fire departments will want protection from police to put out all the looting fires and the ambulances will want no part of mayhem as well.

Will the government give the people time to move out of that state before they institute anarchy on the streets? Need a car? Carjack one. No police to stop you. Need a TV? Go take one from Target. Need a computer? Grab one and run out of the apple store. If I lived there I'd want a few months notice to move out of that state. From what I read it's got the support and will go into effect. No cops.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Butter Parque said:

Again, where are my tax dollars going then? What is all that section 8 housing and all those EBT cards for? What about affirmative action? Or the government contracting for minority owned businesses? All that and you still see residents of Chicago blowing each other’s heads off like it’s a weekend routine. 
 

The Jews seem to be doing very well overall. 

At best, you are one of the most sheltered people I have ever talked to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Should we start a thread on Minneapolis to abolish the police force? Was reading today that when the force gets disbanded that will be it for fire department calls and ambulance calls. The fire departments will want protection from police to put out all the looting fires and the ambulances will want no part of mayhem as well.

Will the government give the people time to move out of that state before they institute anarchy on the streets? Need a car? Carjack one. No police to stop you. Need a TV? Go take one from Target. Need a computer? Grab one and run out of the apple store. If I lived there I'd want a few months notice to move out of that state. From what I read it's got the support and will go into effect. No cops.

Greg, cut it out. I know you're hyperbolizing this because I know you have the cursory ability to look up that this is not what it means.

It's abolishing the current force and starting over.

Camden, NJ did it and is in a better place: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-04/how-camden-new-jersey-reformed-its-police-department

So did Compton: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52969375

The result: New police forces rebuilt from the ground up. Funds redistributed go the community, but in both instances the police forces actually grew, but had a reformed culture.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 3GamesToLove said:

Holy shit; I don't know if I've ever seen someone be this openly and unabashedly racist on a sports forum before.

I don't think Butter is racist, I think he's just a very egocentric individual.  It's a form of insecurity on his part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 3GamesToLove said:

Holy shit; I don't know if I've ever seen someone be this openly and unabashedly racist on a sports forum before.

Thing is, it’s pointless to debate someone like that. I took the bait early, but it’s a huge waste of time. They are stuck in their ways, and nothing you say or try and have them watch will change the views that have been built into them at a young age.

 

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Should we start a thread on Minneapolis to abolish the police force? Was reading today that when the force gets disbanded that will be it for fire department calls and ambulance calls. The fire departments will want protection from police to put out all the looting fires and the ambulances will want no part of mayhem as well.

Will the government give the people time to move out of that state before they institute anarchy on the streets? Need a car? Carjack one. No police to stop you. Need a TV? Go take one from Target. Need a computer? Grab one and run out of the apple store. If I lived there I'd want a few months notice to move out of that state. From what I read it's got the support and will go into effect. No cops.

I would like to personally nominate Greg775 to replace Kristin McEnany as WH press secretary when she too, inevitably, gets fired.

If that doesn’t work, he can do anti-China twitterverse fighting off propaganda bots.

 

 

George Floyd Thread today...which will be spun be clapped back as “cancel culture” quite quickly.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Quin said:

Greg, cut it out.

Why do I get blamed like I'm coming up with some novel thing when Trump has said it, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson has said it and it's getting talked about all over the dial? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why do I get blamed like I'm coming up with some novel thing when Trump has said it, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson has said it and it's getting talked about all over the dial? 

Because those people are all disingenuous and willfully obtuse morons?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I don't think Butter is racist, I think he's just a very egocentric individual.  It's a form of insecurity on his part.

Trump...I am not even sure he’s 100% racist, I think he simply is a master at manipulating his base with dog whistles, another version of Karl Rove and Lee Atwater.   His father was definitely racist, which he absorbed and then mainstreamed to make it palatable enough to serve his purposes.  He knows exactly where that line is (unlike with his treatment of women), and he keeps pushing at it and pushing at it, except he doesn’t realize that he’s no longer on the winning side of the NFL anthem argument or the winning side of the “law and order” argument.  Charlottesville was close to going over the edge.  As a businessman, he knows he risks endangering his brand...which makes him much more dangerous than a common, everyday run of the mill racist...because he manipulates his followers to act out without having to face any real consequences of his exercise of free speech.   

That said, if you asked everyone in America who was an independent or unregistered voter if “defunding police departments” (without explaining how those financial resources would be reallocated) you’d likely have a majority in favor of preserving police departments, including the current and likely to be former mayor of Minneapolis.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why do I get blamed like I'm coming up with some novel thing when Trump has said it, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson has said it and it's getting talked about all over the dial? 

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Trump...I am not even sure he’s 100% racist, I think he simply is a master at manipulating his base with dog whistles, another version of Karl Rove and Lee Atwater.   His father was definitely racist, which he absorbed and then mainstreamed to make it palatable enough to serve his purposes.  He knows exactly where that line is (unlike with his treatment of women), and he keeps pushing at it and pushing at it, except he doesn’t realize that he’s no longer on the winning side of the NFL anthem argument or the winning side of the “law and order” argument.  Charlottesville was close to going over the edge.  As a businessman, he knows he risks endangering his brand...which makes him much more dangerous than a common, everyday run of the mill racist...because he manipulates his followers to act out without having to face any real consequences of his exercise of free speech.   

That said, if you asked everyone in America who was an independent or unregistered voter if “defunding police departments” (without explaining how those financial resources would be reallocated) you’d likely have a majority in favor of preserving police departments, including the current and likely to be former mayor of Minneapolis.

Donald Trump has a five decade history of racism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why do I get blamed like I'm coming up with some novel thing when Trump has said it, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson has said it and it's getting talked about all over the dial? 

You, Trump, Rush and Tucker are just a marriage made in heaven. Of course that’s where you get your news, why would we think anything different? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I would like to personally nominate Greg775 to replace Kristin McEnany as WH press secretary when she too, inevitably, gets fired.

If that doesn’t work, he can do anti-China twitterverse fighting off propaganda bots.

 

 

George Floyd Thread today...which will be spun be clapped back as “cancel culture” quite quickly.

The amount of Covid spread... just wow lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

The amount of Covid spread... just wow lol

Lol na dude.  It’s not spreading at the rallies.
 

 I’m still leafing through all the medical journals and cnn articles trying to figure out why the virus only spreads in the ozarks but not rallies.   Maybe boats + hamburgers equals spread, and tens of millions screaming in each other’s faces, often smoking or vaping clouds into the air, sometimes choking on tear gas equals containment.  
 

seems to me both situations would spread virus quite a bit.   It was reported that one of the partiers at that pool party tested positive and they traced that person’s whereabouts.   I wonder if they’ll do the same if one of the protesters tests positive?  Will the news let the public know where they were so we can all quarantine if we’re close? 🤔

Hopefully none of the protesters has the super-infectious virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That said, if you asked everyone in America who was an independent or unregistered voter if “defunding police departments” (without explaining how those financial resources would be reallocated) you’d likely have a majority in favor of preserving police departments, including the current and likely to be former mayor of Minneapolis.

Omar said she wants police dismantled. The protestors are saying it. Has our education system dwindled so much that people never read books about human nature? Nobody has read George Orwell? Glad to see Biden put an end to this ridiculous notion. He wants police to stay.

https://hannity.com/media-room/omar-unleashed-minneapolis-police-department-is-rotten-to-the-root-must-be-completely-dismantled/

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Trump...I am not even sure he’s 100% racist, I think he simply is a master at manipulating his base with dog whistles, another version of Karl Rove and Lee Atwater.   His father was definitely racist, which he absorbed and then mainstreamed to make it palatable enough to serve his purposes.  He knows exactly where that line is (unlike with his treatment of women), and he keeps pushing at it and pushing at it, except he doesn’t realize that he’s no longer on the winning side of the NFL anthem argument or the winning side of the “law and order” argument.  Charlottesville was close to going over the edge.  As a businessman, he knows he risks endangering his brand...which makes him much more dangerous than a common, everyday run of the mill racist...because he manipulates his followers to act out without having to face any real consequences of his exercise of free speech.   

That said, if you asked everyone in America who was an independent or unregistered voter if “defunding police departments” (without explaining how those financial resources would be reallocated) you’d likely have a majority in favor of preserving police departments, including the current and likely to be former mayor of Minneapolis.

People throw around the word "racist" so much. There are a ton of racists in the world, but there also are millions of people who are NOT racist. Why don't we ever celebrate them? In fact I'd say most people are not racist. I truly believe that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just block him and move on. I can't believe it's not butter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Why do I get blamed like I'm coming up with some novel thing when Trump has said it, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson has said it and it's getting talked about all over the dial? 

Maybe you shouldn't repeat what dumbasses say

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×