You make choices....and you live with them

wegner

OK, deal with the devil time.  If you could bring back baseball and White Sox baseball especially immediately but you had to forgo one of the other local major professional sports teams from ever returning who would you sacrifice:

Bulls

Blackhawks

Bears

(My apologies to the Fire and the Sky fans for not including them in this scenario and sorry but you also can't list the Cubbies here)

The Bears are cursed at QB and it's insanely difficult to win without one, so I say them. 

I'd love an excuse to like a different NFL team. I can't change now in my mid-30s. 

If someone had a gun to my head and I had to choose between the Sox and Blackhawks, I'd choose the Sox, but absent that:

In order of elimination

1. Bears

2. Bulls

3. Hawks

4. Sox

Edited by Jack Parkman

Blackhawks, because off sides is an annoying part of the game.

I did thoroughly enjoy all those Hawks titles and playoff hockey, though. I think hockey has it right in terms of game time. As long as there's no overtime, it's perfect. Twenty minute periods with very few stoppages of play and fairly short intermissions. Modern baseball takes way too long to play (because of the tight strike zone, replays and parade of lefty/righty matchups from the sixth inning on) thus is unwatchable by young people. NFL is good but I'm not hooked on the era of the short swing pass. Not exciting. NBA playoff action is great but the Bulls have stunk for quite a while now.

Edited by greg775

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Blackhawks, because off sides is an annoying part of the game.

I did thoroughly enjoy all those Hawks titles and playoff hockey, though. I think hockey has it right in terms of game time. As long as there's no overtime, it's perfect. Twenty minute periods with very few stoppages of play and fairly short intermissions. Modern baseball takes way too long to play (because of the tight strike zone, replays and parade of lefty/righty matchups from the sixth inning on) thus is unwatchable by young people. NFL is good but I'm not hooked on the era of the short swing pass. Not exciting. NBA playoff action is great but the Bulls have stunk for quite a while now.

Does Greg even want baseball back?

I don't watch much of the Bulls or Blackhawks. But the Bulls have never won a title in my lifetime, and I (painfully) watch the Bears on a fairly regular basis. I watched the Bulls when I was a kid...when they had Noah, Heinrich, Deng, Rose, Ben Gordon, even Ben Wallace. More recently Jimmy Buckets. They were fun to watch. When the last of those guys left...I lost interest. Hawks won 3 cups and I can still watch Kaner/Toews. I think the Bulls still won't win for another good while. Bulls it is for me.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

4 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't watch much of the Bulls or Blackhawks. But the Bulls have never won a title in my lifetime, and I (painfully) watch the Bears on a fairly regular basis. I watched the Bulls when I was a kid...when they had Noah, Heinrich, Deng, Rose, Ben Gordon, even Ben Wallace. More recently Jimmy Buckets. They were fun to watch. When the last of those guys left...I lost interest. Hawks won 3 cups and I can still watch Kaner/Toews. I think the Bulls still won't win for another good while. Bulls it is for me.

I lived to see the Bears win a Super Bowl and lose a Super Bowl. I saw all 6 Bulls championships. I saw all 3 Blackhawks Stanley Cups . I saw a White Sox and a Cubs World Series win. I played more organized basketball than any other sport but now the NBA bores me . it's like nothing but 3 point attempts and foul shots. Hockey is a fast paced hard hitting game where players block hard rubber pucks coming at them make fancy passes to rival anything I see in basketball and the speed and grace of the game is often mesmerizing I think football is a great game but why anyone would play it is beyond me because it's the one sport that has a very high risk of severe injury. The athleticism is amazing. Need more kids trying baseball instead of football ,

In my mind basketball just isn't a team sport anymore. It has the least amount of players who can play it at one time so the reliance of the highly skilled is way too high. Bye bye Bulls.