White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

It’s hard to have high confidence in this draft (though some are trying). What may traditionally be a reach may seriously be a value pick here. If what sox saw in fall/few innings was influential on some changes...it’s a risk but this draft has a lot of unknowns from hereon out.

Which isn’t to say “we just should trust the Sox” our chuck style just that I have more muted view this year. 

I would think best case scenario has Crochet in A and possibly AA in 21, with possible Chicago in 22. I don't hate this system gaining a high ceiling arm;  you could argue very easily he's high floor and high ceiling in a position that our system can optimize. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The biggest fear factor for Crochet is health, which also happens to the thing the Sox do better than anyone else in baseball. 

This used to be true, but not as much anymore. I saw some speculation that the "sore shoulder" from earlier this year was actually an off-field issue. His other injury was a comebacker to the jaw.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Round two I still like masyn winn/Jared Jones...but it depends on the college pitchers available. Seems like they won’t be around though. 

If Kansas City has more picks they won't be. 

• Quin locked this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic