White Sox 2020 Draft Day discussion thread

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

The Cubs got a better player than the Sox picking way after them. *sigh* But it's a very deep draft, so there's not THAT much difference. Man am I disappointed.

Exactly how I feel Timmy.

Northern kids are inherently over scrutinized and underrated; Ed a rare breed of getting exposure young, and only excelling after that. Sox knew Ed, saw him more than anyone. Him missing his senior year was a blessing for them because he would have not been here if they played baseball this year. Sox should have known that. Cubs did. This sucks.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Because he’s a high-end talent plus a local kid.  I wouldn’t have passed on him personally.

There’s huge concerns about his hit tool from what I’ve been told. Like it or not, the Sox were never going to take him in first round given their big league personnel IMO.  

• Like 2

The Cubs got a better player than the Sox picking way after them. *sigh* But it's a very deep draft, so there's not THAT much difference. Man am I disappointed.

Almost every draft analyst had Crochet as the better prospect.

• Like 1

I like Howard as much as anyone, but let’s see how the rest of the draft goes.  If Crotchet is below slot, it’s very likely we come out with a high-end talent in the 2nd.

9 minutes ago, daggins said:

This used to be true, but not as much anymore. I saw some speculation that the "sore shoulder" from earlier this year was actually an off-field issue. His other injury was a comebacker to the jaw.

Does he like to cut up jerseys. If so, we're in good shape. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Exactly how I feel Timmy.

Northern kids are inherently over scrutinized and underrated; Ed a rare breed of getting exposure young, and only excelling after that. Sox knew Ed, saw him more than anyone. Him missing his senior year was a blessing for him because he would have not been here if they played baseball this year. Sox should have known that. Cubs did. This sucks.

I will say this much, the Sox know him better than anyone else and passed. Hopefully they know more than I do, despite my desire for Howard. 

• Quin locked this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic