Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

White Sox select LHP Garrett Crochet at #11, also, he signed

Jim Callis was on NBCSC and said if they played this college season, Crochet wouldn’t have been available at 11. He liked the Kelley pick. Said they basically traded their 2nd, 3rd, 4th for 1st.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Bring him up.  Immediate dividends.  I love it!!

I don't wanna start his clock for a 60 game season... PLUS, it isn't like he has much of a proven track record against college bats.. Why do we assume he's ready against the best?

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't wanna start his clock for a 60 game season... PLUS, it isn't like he has much of a proven track record against college bats.. Why do we assume he's ready against the best?

I see your point but I really want them to go all in this season....my nephew bought me a White Sox win the 2020 World Series betting slip last Christmas and I'm Greedy!!! :lol:

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

A season is a season. If he gets some IP in, what does it matter?

I think crochet could get mlb lefties out right now but against righties his third pitch and command would need more work.

I think you can't use a loogy anymore (does the 3 batter rule apply already this year?) but you could bring him in to face two lefties sandwiching a righty batter.

The question is whether you want to bring him up and start his clock for such a specialized role.

Edited by Dominikk85

8 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

I think crochet could get mlb lefties out right now but against righties his third pitch and command would need more work.

I think you can't use a loogy anymore (does the 3 batter rule apply already this year?) but you could bring him in to face two lefties sandwiching a righty batter.

The question is whether you want to bring him up and start his clock for such a specialized role.

It's helpful to Crochet that the Sox need more quality left handed relievers for this season at least. If he is impressive in the taxi squad , if Rodon doesn't impress where ever he is used and Bummer and Fry falter he may well be the next best LH option in the pen. He can still be a starter down the road.