2020 Draft: Day 2 Discussion

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I hope Kelley follows fellow Texan Kopech around and develops his work ethic. Second to none on the team.

uh hopefully this isn't because kopech is like rehabbing in arizona and they are teammates.

MLB Pipeline had Crochet at 18th on their list at 3.48 M slot, and the Sox took him 11 at 4.55 M slot, so if Crochet agreed to slot for 18th overall then we have 1.07M to add to 47th slot which is 1.58M plus the penalty max.  So that's 2.65M + max penalty perhaps right there for Kelly.  We will see what they do in the 3rd round (0.733M slot).  We really shouldn't have to give up the 4th and 5th rounders for this IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Most obvious post in the world, but really nice to have two high impact arms added to the system. VERY needed right now, really injects some new life into the farm. 

I also just forgot that we didn't trade stiever. For some reason I had thought he was traded for our RFer

So the draft is over for the Sox though, right? These two will take up pretty much all of their pool in regards to signing anyone else of real sneaky talent. Doesn't mean they can't find someone seniors and etc.

Great draft, but sometimes I do prefer quantity - especially with the risk of SP's. That said, these two guys have great builds and upsides and could be exciting. Role the dice enough and things will come up how you hope.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run