2020 Draft: Day 2 Discussion

southsider2k5

I like Kelley and crochet is not bad either but are the sox even spending all of their bonus pool? 

Don't like they are punting so much. Sure Kelley will be over slot quite a bit but crochet is probably at least a mil under slot so they should be able to pay kelley and still get somewhat decent picks and not just unranked guys.

Just now, ChiSoxJon said:

Seems to me like a TON of talent will be staying/heading to school in the Fall

I think there are probably a lot of hung heads right now.  A lot of money isn't there.  A lot of people aren't going to get paid, period.

Just getting to the point where a MLB team is willing to draft you and spend 100+k is a ceiling most of these guys won't ever hit again.  The idea of a HS with "leverage" is way overblown and a bunch of kids cut out of payment in this draft aren't going to get there next time around.

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

I at least like swinging for the fences rather than playing it safe. I know it was ages ago, but this is the same franchise that took Broadway and McCullough in back to back years, maybe the “safest” picks of all-time and we saw where it got them. 

Roll the dice, try and really cash in with your best assets. Don’t hate it

I'm in between here. I think they could have taken a different HS SP with upside that didn't require them to punt more than their 3rd rounder. 

1 minute ago, HollywoodTim said:

I think there are probably a lot of hung heads right now.  A lot of money isn't there.  A lot of people aren't going to get paid, period.

Just getting to the point where a MLB team is willing to draft you and spend 100+k is a ceiling most of these guys won't ever hit again.  The idea of a HS with "leverage" is way overblown and a bunch of kids cut out of payment in this draft aren't going to get there next time around.

Such a shame, as is this whole predicament

Everyone stay well