Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

2020 Draft: Day 2 Discussion

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Obviously they couldn't compete without this.

easliy the best oragan I zation at drafting and developing so lets give them an extra draft pick every year!

• Haha 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's no reason the Sox should have saved a lot with Crochet.

how?  I don't think there was any rumblings of him going much higher while there was legit rumblings of him falling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Tink goes to Cardinals 

The Cards getting Fletcher in, I believe, the Comp round last year is a travesty. I think Fletcher is going to be a star. He was a late blooming northeast kid. incredible athlete.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's no reason the Sox should have saved a lot with Crochet.

As a college Jr with his lack of a history in this draft, I bet they did.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Knowing they already have deals in place with both picks, I’m not so sure they’re punting the last three picks.

I am going to say 3 good slot level college players, or at least for rounds 3-4.

• Like 1

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

how?  I don't think there was any rumblings of him going much higher while there was legit rumblings of him falling.

And FWIW Not Cishek is saying they got him (Crochet) under slot

• Thanks 1

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Why? Because he's a college JUNIOR who throws 99 MPH with a 70 grade slider. He's not a senior. There was no season. Crochet has leverage. He is an elite talent who could easily go back to school and be 1-1.

I think Kelley was the most excited I've been about a 2nd round pick since Ryan Sweeney.  I'm trying to remember a more exciting 2nd rounder.  I know Gio Gonzalez was a supplemental first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This makes no sense. Juniors have plenty of leverage. Especially juniors in a year with so many questions, whom throw 99 MPH with elite secondary pitches from the left side who happen to be huge. Seniors have no leverage - even less than the zero they usually have. A junior still has a little leverage, and he can say he'll sign for less but it's not 1+ million less imo. No way. Not a guy with his talent in a unique situation.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why? Because he's a college JUNIOR who throws 99 MPH with a 70 grade slider. He's not a senior. There was no season. Crochet has leverage. He is an elite talent who could easily go back to school and be 1-1.

He's a college JR who had two really medicore seasons, and pitched like a god for three weeks.  He also had a shoulder injury in that time.  If he goes back, he has zero leverage next year as a SR.  I have no doubt they saved some money just by the fact they obviously have a deal done with Kelley as well, so they know they can make him fit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Society isnt normal right now. You cant just pass on $3mil.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

And FWIW Not Cishek is saying they got him (Crochet) under slot

I think they probably did but I think Not Steve Cishek should have retired his posting habits like 6 or 8 months ago.  He's right about the sun coming up in the morning every day at about 5:30 or so.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He has no leverage. He has no history. He will be underslot

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's a college JR who had two really medicore seasons, and pitched like a god for three weeks.  He also had a shoulder injury in that time.  If he goes back, he has zero leverage next year as a SR.  I have no doubt they saved some money just by the fact they obviously have a deal done with Kelley as well, so they know they can make him fit.

I am agreeing they 100% can make them both fit. I'm saying they can not make anyone else fit.

1 minute ago, HollywoodTim said:

I think they probably did but I think Not Steve Cishek should have retired his posting habits like 6 or 8 months ago.  He's right about the sun coming up in the morning every day at about 5:30 or so.

Hasn't he been right with just about everything loll

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

He has no leverage. He has no history. He will be underslot

He will not go for 20th+ pick slot. Arguing that is absurd, imo. At best, they get him for around 3.75. And then they're having to pay Kelley 3 to 3.5+ and again, the pool is spent. The draft is over for the Sox.

Even though it’s supposedly a deep draft, if you are going to go quality over quantity, I think it makes sense to do it this year when there’s only 5 total rounds.  How much quantity are we really missing out on? Or am I looking at it wrong?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HollywoodTim said:

He's right a lot

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HollywoodTim said:

Am I the only one who thinks Not Cishek is James Fox’s burner account?

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let me clarify:

They got him under slot, but they got him for a lot less under slot than they just spent over slot on round 2. I think it's a lot less of a savings as you guys seem to believe.

With these 2 picks + signing Vera IF they sign Colas and Cespedes, are they back to a top 5 farm?