2020 Draft: Day 2 Discussion

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So the draft is over for the Sox though, right? These two will take up pretty much all of their pool in regards to signing anyone else of real sneaky talent. Doesn't mean they can't find someone seniors and etc.

Great draft, but sometimes I do prefer quantity - especially with the risk of SP's. That said, these two guys have great builds and upsides and could be exciting. Role the dice enough and things will come up how you hope.

How much money could the Sox really have left? They are kind of stuck now the rest of the way, no?

Ding ding ding. Harold and I on the same page. Sox just spent all their money on two pitchers. Risky for sure - high upside, big downside.

Here's my posts of "Absolutes." I was clearly implying the Sox draft was a 2 player draft. I said seniors because that's a frequent way of not spending. Sox went another route of a player not even ranked in the draft. Somehow these were absolutes. zzzzzzzz

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Here's my posts of "Absolutes." I was clearly implying the Sox draft was a 2 player draft. I said seniors because that's a frequent way of not spending. Sox went another route of a player not even ranked in the draft. Somehow these were absolutes. zzzzzzzz

Ray I like you man, but you do speak in absolutes a lot.  It's not a big deal so I'd just let it go man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

That's going to be so interesting to see how teams handle this. I feel like we're going to look back at this draft "class", counting all those FA's signed after Round 5, and some teams are going to just clean up, while others sit on the sidelines. 

Yup, a little worried the big name teams will have an edge though which won't help us obviously.

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Coffee threw 3.1 inings this spring.  He was 12th on the team in innings pitched. He also had 14 Ab's.  Good for 10th on the team.  

Fresh arm is what you are saying 

Just now, Tony said:

It's going to turn these GM's into college recruiting coaches.

And I think you'll probably see some really interesting "packages" where 3-4 teammates go to an organization together. "I'll sign with you, but you have to sign my catcher and first baseman" 

I mean who knows, but I think it's going to be something really interesting to follow. Do we expect a ton of signings the next few days, or do we think this drags out? 

This where the Sox reputation for taking care of their own hopefully helps.

• Like 1

Really every team has a pretty good shot at the players who are willing to sign for 20k.  I mean how many opportunities are there to go around?  Sure your average guy would rather play for the Yankees or Dodgers but would you rather sit on the bench with them or get full playing time elsewhere?

I think the biggest drawback is the limited money.