Sign in to follow this  
Y2Jimmy0

FS: White Sox select prep RHP Jared Kelley with 47th pick, signed

I was hoping to invest more in outfield talent, but yeah, can't pass this kind of talent up.

He's launching heat seekers like he works at NORAD. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

I was hoping to invest more in outfield talent, but yeah, can't pass this kind of talent up.

certainly not the more sure talent you are looking for but it does help that last year we had guys like jose rodriguez do well and some developmental picks that signed out of high school like logan glass and chase krogman. If any differentiate themselves that prevents a huge gap between any reserves (sort of like we see behind shortstop currently).

Incredible pick, big time talent. Main issue will be getting him signed. If Hahn is able to do so then this draft is looking good with serious potential. 

6 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

If the rumors are true, OF help could be on the way via Cuba on July 2.

49 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Incredible pick, big time talent. Main issue will be getting him signed. If Hahn is able to do so then this draft is looking good with serious potential. 

There will be zero issue getting him signed.

51 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

They wouldn't have taken him, and he wouldn't have fallen, if this wasn't basically a done deal.

49 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

There will be zero issue getting him signed.

He’s doomed because he’s right handed, mature, and throwing at max velo already.

The Sox could have a strong crop of young pitchers coming up from the pipeline in the next 3-4 years, I like it.

• Like 1

Kelley looks a bit on the Bobby Hill side (not talking about the Cubs bust here).  Put him in the same room with guys like Kopech and let's see what his body looks like in ST 2022.  He might be a lot closer than 3-4 years away.

Crochet I'm excited to see develop now.  I don't want to burn service time but they need to get him throwing in front of their coaching staff.  Whatever they do I guess it will be difficult to b**** about it given the covid circumstances.

1 minute ago, HollywoodTim said:

Why is it that I can say fuck but not b****?

The swear filter is weird since we changed the site's interface.

I tried to change Fernando Tatis Jr. to Voldemort last year to no avail. It was setup and everything, but did not work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HollywoodTim said:

Why is it that I can say fuck but not b****?

Perhaps because the word fuck has so many wonderful diverse uses and the word 'b!**h' has a long hateful sexist misogynist history literally, implicitly, and or connotatively?  But thats just my guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, hi8is said:

He’s doomed because he’s right handed, mature, and throwing at max velo already.

Yeah, I am not sure where you go with him. Fast track through minors? If he were 20yrs old, that might be the plan, not sure with him being 18.

I know @Y2Jimmy0 said Kelley is signing and it sounds like basically a done deal. However, yesterday Kelley RT a video with him being interview and the interviewer asked if him if he signing sox was for sure thing and he said “no” and that he going to mull it over with his family the next few days. Do you guys think this is anything to worry about at all? 

4 minutes ago, peanut33tillman said:

I know @Y2Jimmy0 said Kelley is signing and it sounds like basically a done deal. However, yesterday Kelley RT a video with him being interview and the interviewer asked if him if he signing sox was for sure thing and he said “no” and that he going to mull it over with his family the next few days. Do you guys think this is anything to worry about at all? 

Nope. He's signing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peanut33tillman said:

He can't say they had a deal in place for weeks. 

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He can't say they had a deal in place for weeks. 

I know its speculation but do you think it was weeks or is it more Shirley scenario where no one picked him in the first round so that night they agreed to it.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I know its speculation but do you think it was weeks or is it more Shirley scenario where no one picked him in the first round so that night they agreed to it.

Going off of the rumor we would get both, I think it was longer term than that.