2021 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

23 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This dude is an absolute unit.  

what's with the large variations in his ranking? Just gonna be the case for a lot of guys this year with scouting being just as all over the place, or is it hit tool?

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

what's with the large variations in his ranking? Just gonna be the case for a lot of guys this year with scouting being just as all over the place, or is it hit tool?

Hit tool is usually what it comes down to.  They can talk to one guy who thinks he's Darryl Strawberry and another who says he's Jake Gatewood.  Some guys just don't like long levered hitters.  Either way he's a guy you have to log lots and lots of AB's on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Vandy is playing a DH today.  Rocker game 1 Leiter game 2.  Have fun with that Wright St.  

Ooh. Both of these games are being broadcast as well. I know what I'm doing during work today. Thanks.

Edited by DirtySox

17 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He ran out of gas in a hurry and his comand has a long way to go.  

i dont think there is much concern about his ability to maintain deep. Hit 97 in the 9th in the 19k no hitter last year. no reason to push him out for more - likely going to go back out there Friday night or Saturday this coming weekend (my guess is theyll throw sunday start on friday night to give rocker and extra day, and then reshuffle the following weekend). Arms galore in the pen too. The command concerns I think are real. He reminds me alot of Carlos Zambrano 

Leiter throwing high 90s is the clear number 1 pick and probably a top10 prospect in baseball in a year.

He always had a big pitch mix and great command but question was always the velo.

But if he maintain 95+ without getting hurt he really is a monster.

Sure with pitchers one injury can change everything but leiter throwing that hard makes him a monster prospect, could be like shane bieber.