2021 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

13 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That would get a giant meh from me.  I'd be more concerned if they got another high upside bat like Brady House (who is freakin killin it) or Jordan Lawlar. 

I suppose you are right. They have an interesting wave though depending on if Mize is good to go this year. Mize/Skubal/Manning I like a lot, and Fulmer could be back to productive now far off from TJS. So then add a Rocker to the group and he'd be there really quick.

Their offense is pretty crappy but if candelario is for real, you have a really nice 1b/3b situation. I mention that because if the tigers owners actually have a higher tolerance for spending than the white sox even after illitch, they are walking into an incredible amount of available, great up the middle talent next year. 

But yeah I guess they should just get good players and it doesn't matter that much. But I think Tigers/Royals are both going to be better this year, and both will get a great prospect, and it's going to be a little nerve wrecking.

23 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I really, really wanted the Sox to hire Chris Fetter to the pitching coach but honeslty, Id rather be the Tiger's pitching coach than the Sox pitching coach. They have some elite arm talent. 

I dont' know, sox have a bunch of athletic guys with great arms and no polish, tigers have some super polished pitchers. I think a pitching coach would have more fun with the former. 

Leiter

Lawler - Dallas Jesuit

Rocker 

Hill - LSU 

Del Castillo - Miami

Mayer- Eastlake high 

Hoglund - Ole Miss

House - Winder GA

Cusick - Wake Forest

Watson - Wake Forest High 

Wood - IMG

Madden - Texas 

Wicks  - Kansas State 

Bachman - Miami (OH)

Fitts - Auburn

Mace - FL

Cowser - Sam Houston State 

Jobe - Prep OKC 

McLain - UCLA 

Davis - Louisville

Montogomery - MS Prep 

Ford - GA Prep 

Baez - MA Prep 

Solometo - NJ Prep

Montgomery - PA Prep 

Petty - NJ Prep 

Frrelick - BC 

Wilson - South Alabama

Binelas - Louisville 

Cerantola - MSU

Awesome thank you! 

Can't believe he still has Binalas on there.  He's looked brutal. 

Bachman is higher than I thought.  The shit is real but my god is it ugly.

I'm a little surprised he has Rocker ahead of Hil.  Rocker has not impressed me at all. 

Figured he'd be high on Wood.  He might have the highest ceiling in the draft. 

No Morissette is surprising.  He can't play SS but that dude is gonna hit.  

Holy shit he doesn't have Fabian in his top 30.  Wow.  I get the swing and miss but all the other tools are plus.  How can he have Wood at 11 then?  Fabian has performed in the best conference in the country.  Come on man.  

Edited by Harold's Leg Lift

It's Leiter for me and it's not particularly close.  Rocker can't miss bats with his fastball. Hitters get too good a look at it.  He can overpower most college hitters and get them to chase it out of the zone which is where it ends up more times than not because he can't repeat his delivery but he won't get away with poor fastball command at the next level.  The slider is great but he's going to need more than that to remain a starter.  I've seen him throw a few good changes so that encouraging but the fastball command/deception has to improve.  

I'm still on Jobe at this point.

59 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Awesome thank you! 

Can't believe he still has Binalas on there.  He's looked brutal. 

Bachman is higher than I thought.  The shit is real but my god is it ugly.

I'm a little surprised he has Rocker ahead of Hil.  Rocker has not impressed me at all. 

Figured he'd be high on Wood.  He might have the highest ceiling in the draft. 

No Morissette is surprising.  He can't play SS but that dude is gonna hit.  

Holy shit he doesn't have Fabian in his top 30.  Wow.  I get the swing and miss but all the other tools are plus.  How can he have Wood at 11 then?  Fabian has performed in the best conference in the country.  Come on man.  

In the comments.

@Mike H. He's completely unable to hit or pick up breaking stuff. He's more like Kam Misner, who was a comp round pick two years ago despite top 10 overall tools.

I just don't know how many times I can look at this and still ignore it. I'm a Book of Jobe

18. Jackson Jobe, Heritage Hall HS, Oklahoma City

Jobe is a very hard thrower with elite spin rates on his curveball, possibly the highest in the class, and is an outstanding athlete whose father, Brandt, won the Boeing Classic on the PGA Tour in 2019. He’s not the tallest or most physical among the high school right-handers this year but has the best present combination of stuff and athleticism.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm still on Jobe at this point.

In the comments.

@Mike H. He's completely unable to hit or pick up breaking stuff. He's more like Kam Misner, who was a comp round pick two years ago despite top 10 overall tools.

Interesting comp.  The difference is Misner got his shit pushed in during SEC play while Fabian has perfomed.  I think he'll go long before the comp round.  

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just don't know how many times I can look at this and still ignore it. I'm a Book of Jobe

18. Jackson Jobe, Heritage Hall HS, Oklahoma City

Jobe is a very hard thrower with elite spin rates on his curveball, possibly the highest in the class, and is an outstanding athlete whose father, Brandt, won the Boeing Classic on the PGA Tour in 2019. He’s not the tallest or most physical among the high school right-handers this year but has the best present combination of stuff and athleticism.

He can hit a little too.  Enjoy him on the Indians.