2021 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

BA mock draft 2.0 today. This is an alternating BA writer/scout mock. The scout had the White Sox selection in this instance.

22.) Chicago White Sox

Scout pick: Our scout finally stops Fabian’s slide down the board. As I did with Hill previously, I avoided taking Fabian to see how long our scout would let him slide, and he makes it to the White Sox in the final third of the first round in this scenario. Fabian is perhaps the most difficult player to assess at the moment. He is a no-doubt center fielder who should be a plus defender at the position, he has plus power and he is also the youngest collegiate hitter among the top 300 prospects. That toolset and profile should have him selected in a solid range—particularly in a draft class down on college hitters—but teams have significant reservations due to his swing-and-miss tendencies and 36% strikeout rate this season.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings/mlb-mock-draft/

Edited by DirtySox

Also top 5 selections in the mock for fun. Please don't let Leiter fall to Detroit. 😓

1.) Pirates - Jordan Lawlar

2.) Rangers - Kumar Rocker

3.) Tigers - Jack Leiter

4.) Red Sox - Marcelo Mayer

5.) Orioles - Adrian De Castillo.

Edited by DirtySox

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I would stay away from Fabian track record of striking out over 30% in the college ranks is horrible with the transition to the pro level. I wouldn’t touch him. 

honestly over 20% is pretty brutal, especially without any linear improvement.

42 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

BA mock draft 2.0 today. This is an alternating BA writer/scout mock. The scout had the White Sox selection in this instance.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings/mlb-mock-draft/

I don't think there's any way that the White Sox would take Jud Fabian. They didn't take Jeren Kendall who was very similar. 30% strikeout rate in college is brutal. 

• Like 1

I caught a few AB's from Fabian this weekend.  He's all up in his own head right now.  He's taking pitches in the zone and swinging at pitches out of the zone.  I think the layoff has affected the hitters more than we thought.  It's just not just affecting the top guys there are guys who were thought to be 3-7 rounders not hitting too.  If teams just go off spring stats they're going to miss on a lot of really good hitters,