2021 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

37 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they get Muncy idk how realistic getting Petty is after that. I'd be surprised if a Boras guy signed for a penny under slot. 

Wasn’t Crochet at slot last year and we still got Kelley?  It’s clear they’d be punting most if not all of rounds 4 to 10 to get a big overslot guy in the 2nd.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

I know earlier Jimmy said Pacheco is realistic in the 2nd round.  I wonder if that's still the case.  If they know they can push him to the 2nd, I'd love to get a college pitcher first.  

If Montgomery is gone, I mean.  I think he is my first choice.  After him there seem to be 4-5 of the HS SSs that are pretty darn similar.  

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I know earlier Jimmy said Pacheco is realistic in the 2nd round.  I wonder if that's still the case.  If they know they can push him to the 2nd, I'd love to get a college pitcher first.  

If Montgomery is gone, I mean.  I think he is my first choice.  After him there seem to be 4-5 of the HS SSs that are pretty darn similar.  

Only if it's Hoglund. 

I was reading that during day 2 of the draft there is 1 minute between picks.

On day 3. It said there is no delay between picks....so does that mean if you are not immediately ready, it goes to the next team in line until you pick?

34 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Harold, what happened to Luke Leto?  Haven't heard his name much lately.

He got big.  He got really big and lost a lot of athleticism.  He went from being a SS to a corner outfielder and will likely end up a power hitting 1B. It will be interesting to see if someone pops him today or if he ends up at LSU. If he goes to school that team is going to have a scary good offense.  

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He got big.  He got really big and lost a lot of athleticism.  He went from being a SS to a corner outfielder and will likely end up a power hitting 1B. It will be interesting to see if someone pops him today or if he ends up at LSU. If he goes to school that team is going to have a scary good offense.  

I'm still claiming Luke Leto right damn now