UDFA Tracker - Signing Period has begun

bmags

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Game action sure. These rookie ball guys will be at Camelback most likely though. There's no way they'll just put guys on ice for a year. If you have a well off family and hate school, it could absolutely make more sense to choose your organization now instead of waiting 3 years and hoping to get drafted while playing for free at a university. 

I'd advise most of these kids to go Juco and re-enter the draft next year, when it's more than 5 rounds and there aren't these spending limits.

2 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

I'd advise most of these kids to go Juco and re-enter the draft next year, when it's more than 5 rounds and there aren't these spending limits.

It's not that easy though. The JUCO's are going to be flooded. This is a case by case basis. What you're describing is what the majority of guys should do. I understand why some would take the $20K and start a professional career though. 

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It's not that easy though. The JUCO's are going to be flooded. This is a case by case basis. What you're describing is what the majority of guys should do. I understand why some would take the $20K and start a professional career though. 

If you are good enough to take the $20k and wind up being successful, you aren’t going to have a hard time finding a JUCO that will let you play all the time. Worst case scenario is you get a year in school and some development, and if you get redrafted, if it costs you, maybe it costs you $10k. So what. The extra year in school is worth that. How much development are these signees going to get before next spring?

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not a single damn signing by the Sox today. So frustrating.

It's not frustrating at all. This was never going to be some free agent signing frenzy that for some reason people thought it would be.  They have until Aug 1 to sign players.  There is no rush.  The only players signed are sr signs and a couple dumbass high schoolers.  Fear not. They will sign guys you've never heard of and will never hear from again.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's not frustrating at all. This was never going to be some free agent signing frenzy that for some reason people thought it would be.  They have until Aug 1 to sign players.  There is no rush.  The only players signed are sr signs and a couple dumbass high schoolers.  Fear not. They will sign guys you've never heard of and will never hear from again.  

I mean chances are that none of these guys will ever amount to anything, but it’s frustrating to me in the sense that there has to be young talent out there that is worthy of being signed, and yet the Sox are doing nothing.

53 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I mean chances are that none of these guys will ever amount to anything, but it’s frustrating to me in the sense that there has to be young talent out there that is worthy of being signed, and yet the Sox are doing nothing.

I’m sure they’ll sign some guys. Shirley even said as much. They really don’t have a ton of room for players though. These guys they sign could ultimately end up released before even playing a game in 2021. It’s not something anyone should be frustrated about IMO 

51 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Surprised they haven't signed Madrigals brother.

He was the first guy I thought of when this period began. Would be nice to have Nick's brother in the system. Sox are usually very good with reuniting blood lines.

• Like 1

Royals:

That's like a 6th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 15th round pick, plus probably a top 10 round pick for a cheap senior signing.  

All for $120k.  They had a game plan and they are executing it better than anyone right now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bigruss said:

Royals:

That's like a 6th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 15th round pick, plus probably a top 10 round pick for a cheap senior signing.  

All for $120k.  They had a game plan and they are executing it better than anyone right now.

maybe signaling that you actually valued your minor leagues had a benefit.

Royals, Red Sox, Phillies, and Cubs seem like they're all doing well based on the BA tracker.

Also, there are a ton of college baseball players in the transfer portal right now looking for a new school. I've got to think once it gets closer to August you'll see a bunch more guys sign who haven't found a landing spot on the transfer market

On 6/14/2020 at 9:24 PM, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

You're frustrated  about "none of these guys will ever amount to anything"?  

What am I missing here?   or are you just looking for something to complain about?