UDFA Tracker - Signing Period has begun

bmags

On 6/26/2020 at 6:33 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There's a finite number of positions available so signing him takes a spot away from a better player. You should take your own advice about making stupid statements.  

Only you can turn something good into something stupid . Bossards kid isn't going to take the spot of a better player away. Get real . Didn't you say "he couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie". If your assessment of his talent is correct how is it possible to take a better players spot ? There is open competition on the field. He signed for a measly amount . Do you think his talent or whatever he signed for will cost the Sox some future superstar who couldve been signed for $20K if it wasnt for the Sox signing Bossard ?

Jerry does something magnanimous and you turn it into a fight like most of us argued about signing Abreu costing the Sox talent down the road.. I am not the stupid one here . If you reply I am done regardless It's such an insignificant thing arguing about some gesture of goodwill costing the Sox any talent. It just won't because it's a pittance and if he is as talentless as you say he won't cost anyone  spot in open competition either.

Can you even imagine yourself saying a few years from now if any of these 20K signees turns into a quality major league player "see f it wasn't for the Sox signing Bossard the Sox could've had that guy" . I don't think so.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

RHP Brandon Jenkins pitched for Seattle U and Campbell U after a stellar NJ prep career. He shared #35 with Frank Thomas. He was still growing in college and figures to be a competent minor league RP. He got his fastball up to 96 from 91and features a tight slider and fading changeup. His coach calls him one of the best arms on the west coast. I have him down for the 2021 Tommy John award honorable mention.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

They could use some work on their photoshop skills. 

Do you think the White Sox or their school could have provided them with the tweets ? They did go to the same school didn't they ? I kept looking at them thinking they are very similar in style and the quotes. Both quotes ten lines thanking friends family and coaches,  using "first of all" and "first and foremost".  One says "crazy journey" , the other says "crazy ride" .Both have a dash before their full names. Both with the SOX symbol prominently featured, both in a Sox uniform in a pitching motion.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Do you think the White Sox or their school could have provided them with the tweets ? They did go to the same school didn't they ? I kept looking at them thinking they are very similar in style and the quotes. Both quotes ten lines thanking friends family and coaches,  using "first of all" and "first and foremost".  One says "crazy journey" , the other says "crazy ride" .Both have a dash before their full names. Both with the SOX symbol prominently featured, both in a Sox uniform in a pitching motion.

Lol I noticed the same thing. Like their agent or team copy and pasted a generic quote for them to tweet out. How strange.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yeah it definitely seems like they were made by the same person.