Sign in to follow this  
Flash

Trade for Howard

Stipulating 2020 draft choices are not eligible to be traded but, in the interest of entertainment, lets say we make an offer to Cubs for Ed Howard. Would you consider sending Cease in exchange for Howard and Ian Happ? 

18 minutes ago, Flash said:

Stipulating 2020 draft choices are not eligible to be traded but, in the interest of entertainment, lets say we make an offer to Cubs for Ed Howard. Would you consider sending Cease in exchange for Howard and Ian Happ? 

No chance.  Cease is a significantly better prospect than Howard today and Happ is solid but not someone I would give up Cease for.  It could turn out that Cease fails but who knows.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Wait a few years and offer them a mid rotation over achieving starting pitcher on a decent contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Flash said:

No chance. If Cease is getting traded, it better be for legitimate major league talent to help right now.

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

No chance. If Cease is getting traded, it better be for legitimate major league talent to help right now.

The last deal I hear Cease mentioned in was for Thor.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The last deal I hear Cease mentioned in was for Thor.

I did as well. With hindsight and the TJ, good thing they didn't. But he's the exact type of guy I would expect Cease to be included for in a deal.