2020 60 game sprint to the finish

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Anyone on the Sox have a pregnant spouse/partner that we know of?

Rodon has an infant daughter, but beyond that I don't think so. 

Ashley Rodon was pretty open on social media about her difficulties getting pregnant, so if anyone on the Sox might opt out it's him. 

I don't even follow them on Twitter, but I know from following Sox related stuff. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I honestly think this is fun. We've all seen plenty of your typical baseball seasons. We will all see plenty more of them. 

It's something different this year. Try to enjoy it. It will go back to normal, don't worry. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Just now, wegner said:

The Sox will need to play well against the Tigers and Royals and pile up some wins.  I assume the interleague schedule might be tough playing I would think against the Brewers, Cardinals, Cubbies and Reds.

One hot streak versus one cold streak could make or break the season. That makes it kind of exciting. Games start really mattering immediately. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ashley Rodon was pretty open on social media about her difficulties getting pregnant, so if anyone on the Sox might opt out it's him. 

I don't even follow them on Twitter, but I know from following Sox related stuff. 

Rodon is playing for a contract, he is not opting out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fathom said:

My prediction for the biggest names to opt out are Trout, Harper and Bryant.  All three have kids on the way or have newborns.

I doubt any of the big names opt out. These guys will feel an obligation to their teammates to play. They're baseball players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's zero chance Rodon opts out. He needs the service time to become a free agent after 2021. 

Luis Robert is a huge factor for the Sox. If he (understandably) comes out and struggles with the adjustment to MLB, strikes out 35% of the time, etc, and we're in the playoff hunt, I'm not sure what we do. Sure, there's always Leury, but Robert's development is more important than almost anything for us. 

On the other hand, if he comes out of the gates like Acuna and is the ROY, I think we make the playoffs. My biggest concern going into this season (in March) was pitching, but with 7 hopefully healthy MLB caliber starters out of the gate, I feel confident in our depth for a change.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tray said:

I like our chances as much as any other team. Our pitching depth is fantastic.

Home runs will be huge, maybe huger than they were last year.  I know.   the frikkin Twins....

Agreed.  I looove our natural easy power at almost every position.   We’re gonna be putting up some big scores.  

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

One of the new rules is “no contact during celebrations - no hugs, no high fives, fist bumps, etc.”

This year it’s going to be so strange watching baseball.

Maybe we’ll get some coordinated celebrations?  Whole team pimping would be cool like NFL touchdowns

6 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Luis Robert is a huge factor for the Sox. If he (understandably) comes out and struggles with the adjustment to MLB, strikes out 35% of the time, etc, and we're in the playoff hunt, I'm not sure what we do. Sure, there's always Leury, but Robert's development is more important than almost anything for us. 

On the other hand, if he comes out of the gates like Acuna and is the ROY, I think we make the playoffs. My biggest concern going into this season (in March) was pitching, but with 7 hopefully healthy MLB caliber starters out of the gate, I feel confident in our depth for a change.

Aren’t the playoffs back to 5 teams in each league?  Not sure Robert alone is going to carry us over the Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rays, Indians, & A’s.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

7 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

There's zero chance Rodon opts out. He needs the service time to become a free agent after 2021. 

Ashley Rodon posted on twitter that They're packing up for camp July 1st.  So he'll be there.

Edited by smellysox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, this is not ideal for us.  We actually play a smaller portion of our games against the Tigers & Royals and now we play all our non divisional games against a pretty stacked NL Central.  At least most of our games will be fun to watch.

Well I guess we need to test our young team. Nothing like setting the bar high.