2020 60 game sprint to the finish

Kyyle23

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

With the shorter season, will we see managers playing the hot hands so to speak and shaking up lineups a bit more?  I am just thinking that you cannot afford to keep a guy in the 3 hole for example if he is starting out slow.

Rick Renteria just handed me his September 15th 2020 lineup and everything is blank except it already has Yonder Alonso batting 4th.

15 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Interesting players on the Seattle Taxi squad. Wonder if Crochet will be on the White Sox version?

Wonder if it's going to be Crochet, Madrigal, Vaughn, Collins/Dunning (regardless of injury history)... There's no way Thompson would make it... Right?

Edited by Soxnfins

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not to be a downer, but is anyone else concerned that the season might be postponed again once games start if a number of players/coaches end up getting sick?

Lol dude are you reading these threads 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Wonder if it's going to be Crochet, Madrigal, Vaughn, Collins/Dunning (regardless of injury history)... There's no way Thompson would make it... Right?

I would hope Dalquist, Thompson, Kelley, and all those guys are on it just to get reps

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

As screwed up as the process to get to this point was, as strange as this "season" will be, I'm pretty sure I have never looked forward to a baseball season as much as I do this one right now.

You said it!  And I will try to watch every minute of every game. Hopefully never taking it for granted 

2 hours ago, wegner said:

With the shorter season, will we see managers playing the hot hands so to speak and shaking up lineups a bit more?  I am just thinking that you cannot afford to keep a guy in the 3 hole for example if he is starting out slow.

The Royals announcer was talking about pitchers going 3-4 innings max the first month at least. Wonder if he's right.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

The Royals announcer was talking about pitchers going 3-4 innings max the first month at least. Wonder if he's right.

With every game counting that sounds plausible.  I mean look how often they pull starters early in the playoffs.  Except the 2005 World Series Champs that is. ^_^

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I die i'll just be a statistic . If some famous or even not so famous players dies it's big headlines and everyone questions why they didn't cancel the season and their methods to protect players. If I was a player good enough to live off past earnings I would opt out. 

I am now out of work again after 5 months doing that job because they filled the position i had with healthy person and I am still waiting for Workers Comp. to pay me for the 4 months i was off before that job offer.

Sorry for the pain you've gone through. As a fellow human being who doesn't know you, I do care about what you've gone through. Hang in there. Fight for that workers comp and fight to get unemployment. If they filled your position you ARE likely eligible for unemployment. Hope you feel better and can work again someplace where you can put food on table.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Someone will always be in a slump . You play the best you got and hope for the best. That's what I would do In a short season. What would constitute a slump anyway ? If someone goes 0 for 10 or 15 they get benched ? The Sox didnt get the services of Encarnacion or Mazara to sit them. Just play match ups as best you can and do more pinch hitting according to match ups especially in situations where pitchers are forced to face hitters.

The majority of Sox starters will be playing no matter who they face. Just about every position has some decent to good power except 2nd base. Some bombs come in real handy in late innings when you might be behind. If someone in the 3 hole starts slow you could move him down in the lineup rather than bench him. I might never take Robert out of the lineup even if he is struggling.   There's no way I rather see Engel in CF or in the lineup over Robert. Sign Yasiel Puig !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Someone will always be in a slump . You play the best you got and hope for the best. That's what I would do In a short season. What would constitute a slump anyway ? If someone goes 0 for 10 or 15 they get benched ? The Sox didnt get the services of Encarnacion or Mazara to sit them. Just play match ups as best you can and do more pinch hitting according to match ups especially in situations where pitchers are forced to face hitters.

The majority of Sox starters will be playing no matter who they face. Just about every position has some decent to good power except 2nd base. Some bombs come in real handy in late innings when you might be behind. If someone in the 3 hole starts slow you could move him down in the lineup rather than bench him. I might never take Robert out of the lineup even if he is struggling.   There's no way I rather see Engel in CF or in the lineup over Robert. Sign Yasiel Puig !

Yes, I was thinking more about moving a guy down in the lineup, not necessarily benching them.  Unless we have someone putting up Chris Davis-like 0-fer numbers.

2 hours ago, wegner said:

With Chewing Tobacco being banned for this season, are certain members of this board Jose Abreu fans now?

Certain members would find another reason to dislike him.

"The way Abreu wears his hat sets a bad example for today's youth."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine getting a walkoff hit to win a game, a playoff game or the World Series. Players are going to have to break some ingrained habits of camaraderie. No mob scenes at home plate allowed . no players doing silly hand shakes, no high or low fives rounding the bases. No everyone gathering on the pitching mound . You could go on and on.

45 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Certain members would find another reason to dislike him.

"The way Abreu wears his hat sets a bad example for today's youth."

"The media treats him unfairly. They don't hate him enough for being kind. First basemen are supposed to be assholes."

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Imagine getting a walkoff hit to win a game, a playoff game or the World Series. Players are going to have to break some ingrained habits of camaraderie. No mob scenes at home plate allowed . no players doing silly hand shakes, no high or low fives rounding the bases. No everyone gathering on the pitching mound . You could go on and on.

polite golf claps from gallery, please