Sox planning on having fans present in small amounts

southsider2k5

39 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Would those fans be lined up 6 feet apart at the gates for entry, security and temperature checks? Assuming an even distribution of fans:gates, (6,000 fans / 5 gates x 6 ft) each entry line is 1.3 miles long.

When was the last time everybody arrived at the park at the exact same time? 

Also come on, let's not nitpick details here - if you're wearing a mask and spaced out in a line that snakes in the ginormous (empty) Sox parking lots I think there's a way to do it. Lining up to get in is the smallest of the problems. 1200 people a gate, what --- 8-10 checkpoints at each gate, so 120 people per line ... IF everybody arrives at the exact same minute....  

The hardest part is enforcing mask wearing - and that is something I think the Sox would have to very clearly make apart of any deal. If you want to get in, you're abiding by the rules. We're not going to have any rebels staging these grocery store type clips at Comiskey. if you want to show up - you follow the rules and guidelines or will be asked to leave. 

Just saying there's definitely a way to do it as long as people cooperate. if you don't want to cooperate, then stay at home. It's open air stadium like outdoor dining. Rows are what? 16 seats? 20 seats? If you come with a family - then can sit in 4 seats at the end caps. Skip a row (maybe 2) in between each one. not sure how many people that equals across a whole stadium. The seating, the entry, leaving the stadium, etc. those are very solvable. Entry is spaced out, and people filtering in over time. Simple. Seating is an computer algorithm for social distancing. simple. enforcement via ushers - simple (kind of). leaving the stadium? that's tougher. But basically just need to implement rules via a loudspeaker - not that tough. Rows 1-20 may leave. Then wait 5 minutes, Rows 20-40. I dunno, thats top of mind, but you basically just break it up a bit. Hardest part by far to me is the concessions. Sox aren't going to have all windows open because it doesn't make financial sense ... so you have to come up with a plan to either have delivery to your seat, some app for point of pickup, etc. Concourses should be masked as well as bathrooms. But there's a way to structure concessions if you wear a mask and come up with some alternate method other than standing in line. Plus - I've been to some April games in the past with 10k-12k fans ... the lines for concessions is usually 2-3 people. 

• Like 1