Vaughn 

Dunning 

Basabe 

Gonzalez

Crochet 

Rutherford 

Stiever

Can you guys think of any more? 

Dunning, Basabe, Rutherford are already on there because they are on the 40 man roster. It's the 40 man roster plus 20 additional players. I'd think guys like: Vaughn, Madrigal, Stiever, Gonzalez, Delmonico, Cuthbert, Mejia, Sheets, Tyler Johnson, Heuer, Detwiler, Crochet. That leaves plenty of room though. Could see Jake Burger. I wonder if they'd put Kelley, Thompson and Dalquist on just to get a look at them. It's going to be fascinating. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Dunning, Basabe, Rutherford are already on there because they are on the 40 man roster. It's the 40 man roster plus 20 additional players. I'd think guys like: Vaughn, Madrigal, Stiever, Gonzalez, Delmonico, Cuthbert, Mejia, Sheets, Tyler Johnson, Heuer, Detwiler, Crochet. That leaves plenty of room though. Could see Jake Burger. I wonder if they'd put Kelley, Thompson and Dalquist on just to get a look at them. It's going to be fascinating. 

I haven't been following the rules of a taxi-squad yet. Will they not accrue service time? Or because there will be no minor league season, they won't have any worries about grievances if all these guys get sent right back down to the minors for 2021 and that will pause their service time clocks? 

• Like 1

In order for those guys to develop you basically have to create two interchangeable teams so they can play games against each other everyday. 

I think going up against a lineup with Vaughn, Basabe, Rutherford, Mercedes, Adolfo, Madrigal etc might be a really rough intro to minor league baseball for guys like Dahlquist, Kelley and Thompson but it's a measuring stick for their progress i guess. I think it will be good for Dunning and Stiever to see how close they are to big league baseball and Crochet also. 

They'll prolly throw Yolbert Sanchez in there to play SS to see if he can sink or swim against quality competition. Same with Burger. He needs to play even if it looks bad.

It would be nice to see a lineup like the below against another AL or NL Central teams taxi squad.

1 Madrigal 2B (for 2 weeks)

2 Rutherford LF

3 Vaughn 1B

4 Collins C

5 Adolfo RF

6 Basabe CF

7 Sheets or Mercedes DH

8 Burger 3B

9 Sanchez SS

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I haven't been following the rules of a taxi-squad yet. Will they not accrue service time? Or because there will be no minor league season, they won't have any worries about grievances if all these guys get sent right back down to the minors for 2021 and that will pause their service time clocks? 

The players do not get a year of service unless they play the 61/66 days. For example, if a player plays in 40/60 games, that player would receive .66 of 1 season of service. Anyone who stays in player pool all year, and doesn't play in any games, won't receive service time. It's the 40 man roster plus 20 additional names. Guys can be removed from player pool but they can't be added again once they're removed. 

Forgive me if this has been explained elsewhere, but Taxi Squads are basically just practice squads, correct?  No actual games against other Taxi Squads?  Lots of practice reps and simulated game action?  But everyone is on the ready to get called up if need be?

Very curious to see how top prospects are handled in order to maximize as much development as possible w/o actual Minor League competition.

2 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Do we know where the Taxi Squad guys will he located? Will they be playing in simulated games vs. each other or against another teams Taxi Squad?

From what I have read, they will only be working out at one site so it appears they will not be competing against other taxi squads. 

This is pretty much what I'm looking at for today. The full 40 man roster will be part of the 60 player pool. I'm guessing Lambert goes on 45 day DL whenever that's allowed. Seby Zavala and Jose Ruiz could have 40 man spots in jeopardy. These are the options in my opinion for the other 20 players. 

Position Players

Nick Madrigal

Andrew Vaughn

Gavin Sheets

Luis Gonzalez

Jake Burger

Cheslor Cuthbert

Nicky Delmonico

Daniel Palka

Andrew Romine

Carlos Perez

Jaycub Brugman

Yolbert Sanchez 

Pitchers

Codi Heuer

Tyler Johnson

Jonathan Stiever

Garrett Crochet

Will Kincanon

Jared Kelley

Andrew Dalquist

Matthew Thompson

Jacob Lindgren

Drew Anderson

Ross Detwiler

Tayron Guerrero

Brady Lail

Alex McRae

Kodi Medeiros

Adalberto Mejia

Bryan Mitchell 

• Thanks 1

With this season being what it is id like to see the young promising recent draft picks all on the taxi squad to continue their development in whatever way possible and if they have to eventually be used so be it. It would be awesome to see Stiever, Crochet, Dalquist, Thompson, Kelley, Madrigal, Vaughn, Sanchez, Sheets, and Gonzalez all on the taxi squad. I don’t want to see your Palka’s and Detwiler’s taking up these potential learning scenarios who won’t be with the organization past this season 

20 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

With this season being what it is id like to see the young promising recent draft picks all on the taxi squad to continue their development in whatever way possible and if they have to eventually be used so be it. It would be awesome to see Stiever, Crochet, Dalquist, Thompson, Kelley, Madrigal, Vaughn, Sanchez, Sheets, and Gonzalez all on the taxi squad. I don’t want to see your Palka’s and Detwiler’s taking up these potential learning scenarios who won’t be with the organization past this season 

Vaughn may be part of a 60-man squad but I highly doubt they will use him this year.

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Vaughn may be part of a 60-man squad but I highly doubt they will use him this year.

I agree he most likely wouldn’t be used when u have first base options of EE Abreu Collins and then Sheets to go through first but having those guys on a taxi squad would be huge just for the learning curve is what I was getting at

On 6/28/2020 at 2:13 PM, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I could not agree more.