Top 3 Things You’re Looking Forward To

KnightsOnMintSt

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think the White Sox were pretty much down to one spot back in March so this might not be hard to predict. I'm thinking they'll carry 16 pitchers and 14 position players initially. 

Starting Pitcher

Lucas Giolito

Dallas Keuchel

Dylan Cease

Reynaldo Lopez

Gio Gonzales

Carlos Rodon

Michael Kopech 

Relievers 

Alex Colome

Kelvin Herrera

Steve Cishek

Aaron Bummer

Jace Fry

Evan Marshall

Jimmy Cordero

Carson Fulmer 

Ross Detwiler

Starting 9 

1. Tim Anderson SS 

2. Yoan Moncada 3B

3. Jose Abreu 1B

4. Yasmani Grandal C

5. Edwin Encarnacion DH

6. Eloy Jimenez LF 

7. Nomar Mazara RF 

8. Luis Robert CF 

9. Leury Garcia 2B 

Bench

James McCann (C)

Zack Collins (C)

Danny Mendick (INF)

Adam Engel (OF)

Cheslor Cuthbert (UT)

You will not like this prediction. No Yermin !

On 6/27/2020 at 1:33 PM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

1. Yermin Mercedes

2. Kopech

3. Seeing if Ricky can stop making boneheaded calls now that he has an improved team

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

1. Robert

2. Kopech

3. Cease

Obviously wanting no steps back from Moncada, Eloy and Giolito.  

So no Yermin  now !?  I'll just imagine you just made it a Top 5.

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You will not like this prediction. No Yermin !

So no Yermin  now !?  I'll just imagine you just made it a Top 5.

Oh, he would totally come in at top 3 IF we did not have Abreu/Encarnacion.  He sadly just won't get reps for us.

He will become an all-star, top 5 DH with someone else (I vote Orioles).  Likely traded this year :(.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Oh, he would totally come in at top 3 IF we did not have Abreu/Encarnacion.  He sadly just won't get reps for us.

He will become an all-star, top 5 DH with someone else (I vote Orioles).  Likely traded this year :(.  

Just so you know I was maybe the 1st one on Soxtalk to start inquiring about him back when he was languishing in A ball and i noticed he never had a bad season in the minors and started a thread in Future Sox for anyone who could tell me more about him . After he moved up and started hitting even better through AA and AAA i was going about questioning how come he couldn't be included  in our Top 30 even though i knew the obvious answers about his age and defense. But hitting alone can some times get you to where you want to be.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just so you know I was maybe the 1st one on Soxtalk to start inquiring about him back when he was languishing in A ball and i noticed he never had a bad season in the minors and started a thread in Future Sox for anyone who could tell me more about him . After he moved up and started hitting even better through AA and AAA i was going about questioning how come he couldn't be included  in our Top 30 even though i knew the obvious answers about his age and defense. But hitting alone can some times get you to where you want to be.

Everybody here is sleeping on Yermin, and quite frankly it is a joke. You, me and squirmin' will be able to rub it in the faces of all the doubters when Yermin succeeds. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Everybody here is sleeping on Yermin, and quite frankly it is a joke. You, me and squirmin' will be able to rub it in the faces of all the doubters when Yermin succeeds. 

37 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

LET'S DO THIS! Dude will absolutely mash for someone.

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

And every time he does something remotely wrong, we’ll be here to shove it in your face. 

You’re gonna hate it. 

Just so you know I won;t be shoving it in anyone's face. I will be happy if he succeeds and disappointed if he doesn't which in most scenarios is the more likely outcome. Personally I saw no need for EE but i understood his signing because he is a well established bat and Yermin and Collins are not. In a year the Sox planned to compete that was most important rather then Collins, Yermin and others sharing the DH spot.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

When would Yermin Mercedes play? That's my only issue. Collins makes more sense because he's a left-handed bat. Yermin could be on the roster to pinch hit potentially. But you can't justify starting him over Grandal, Abreu or EE. 

That's the answer right there.  You also won't play him over McCann at C, so catching ABs are pretty much out of the question even before you get to his lack of catching skills.  DH is going to be a pretty limited position for opportunities as well.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the answer right there.  You also won't play him over McCann at C, so catching ABs are pretty much out of the question even before you get to his lack of catching skills.  DH is going to be a pretty limited position for opportunities as well.

Plus the teams he could've been traded to got cut in half once it was decided that DH would still only be in the AL for the abbreviated season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

When would Yermin Mercedes play? That's my only issue. Collins makes more sense because he's a left-handed bat. Yermin could be on the roster to pinch hit potentially. But you can't justify starting him over Grandal, Abreu or EE. 

No where on the White Sox due to EE (no problem with that signing) and the Abreu extension (no sense deal).  He will have to become awesome elsewhere

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, flavum said:

1. Luis Robert. Nuf said.

2. The return of Kopech.

3. Gio Gonzalez making his Sox debut...because it means they’re playing baseball.

Updating number 2-

Dane Dunning making his debut at some point, and impressing.