Sox summer camp roster announced

southsider2k5

17 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you're not good enough that's the way it's always been. Sucks to be less talented , just a notch below the best . No reason to be mad at the Sox . I'm more inclined to think he's done . But maybe he just thinks he's in limbo, not part of the 44, not part of the  taxi squad just yet. He was abysmal last year. He had to know his time with the Sox was coming to a close sooner rather than later Engel has more value to the Sox than Palka.

He would be a good player to be in the Nashville backup group for the whole league. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I didnt even know such a thing existed. Is that like a bunch of AAAA types headed to Nashville to work out in case someone wants them  later ?

Yeah they’re doing it this year. Free agents or released minor leaguers. They are there and actually playing so that if a team gets hammered by the virus there are players they can sign to fill in who are ready to go.

This may sound insensitive or careless, but since the surgery, things have seemed off with Kopech. He never joined the team last year and instead hiked up rocks in Arizona, he deleted his twitter and now he isn't in camp. I don't know. I'm sure I'm overreacting

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

This may sound insensitive or careless, but since the surgery, things have seemed off with Kopech. He never joined the team last year and instead hiked up rocks in Arizona, he deleted his twitter and now he isn't in camp. I don't know. I'm sure I'm overreacting

When a player is out for the season, I don't really expect him near the team to be honest.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

When a player is out for the season, I don't really expect him near the team to be honest.

You might be right, except 1) I'd get bored and I'd want to be around the guys and 2) I don't think I'd be hiking up rocks with a repaired elbow

3 minutes ago, tray said:

This may have nothing to do with the current situation, but it is hard to forget his revelations about anxiety and depression at Sox Fest and through other interviews since then.

Yep. He's opened up about dealing with depression in the past which is commendable. I really hope he's doing okay. The dreary world landscape at the moment is a tough one to navigate mentally for many folks.

57 minutes ago, tray said:

This may have nothing to do with the current situation, but it is hard to forget his revelations about anxiety and depression at Sox Fest and through other interviews since then.

Yep look at what happened with Andrew Toles;.    https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-07-01/andrew-toles-family-mental-health-dodgers

1 hour ago, Bad Hombre said:

They said he is healthy

They're literally not allowed to say if he has it, so a "no comment" on a health question would be a giveaway. This might be a spot where MLB has, for the next 3 weeks, instructed GMs to straight up lie.

Your talent as a baseball player will only make being an activist get more attention which as an activist you want to bring attention to your cause . Being a poor befuddled activist will not bring attention to your cause. Of course this is just me speculating about you speculating about what others are speculating what the problem is.  Wow I wish twitter didnt exist.  I can see why Kopech deleted his. Please ignore this post .I feel dumber for having written it.