Sox summer camp roster announced

southsider2k5

47 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah how dumb of a pick. Guy is ready for the league in under 2 years, has been a top 50 prospect consensus, and people are saying we should have drafted kelenic. Smh. 

Yeah i know how dare someone have a different opinion than ray. Smh.  I agree with you by the way . Just saying. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Yeah i know how dare someone have a different opinion than ray. Smh.  I agree with you by the way . Just saying. 

Sox I have zero problem with people not liking Madrigal, but to argue hes a bad pick while all hes done is live up to his pick so far seems odd. 

How can some argue they should have drafted someone else when no one has played in the league and madrigal is the closest to it and hes a consensus top prospect?

It also makes no sense saying madrigal will be a long time big leaguer and contributor but was bad pick at 4. That would be a success at 4 based on the expected outcome of the fourth pick.

I've said this many times but people really seem to overrate mlb draft picks; implying the expected outcome of the 4th pick is a game changing superstar is just absurd.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox I have zero problem with people not liking Madrigal, but to argue hes a bad pick while all hes done is live up to his pick so far seems odd. 

How can some argue they should have drafted someone else when no one has played in the league and madrigal is the closest to it and hes a consensus top prospect?

It’s not that crazy of a take to say we should of drafted Kelenic over Madrigal with the benefit of hindsight.  And that doesn’t mean Madrigal is a bad pick, it’s just saying we probably didn’t draft the best player that was available to us at #4.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s not that crazy of a take to say we should of drafted Kelenic over Madrigal with the benefit of hindsight.  And that doesn’t mean Madrigal is a bad pick, it’s just saying we probably didn’t draft the best player that was available to us at #4.

Based on what? Bart and Bohm you could argue have been worse than madrigal easily.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert working out with team today.  Yoan is only one missing so far of the hitters.

Where's he at?  Another guy with a wife and young child.  I will say as much as I loathe Manfred he's actually handled this better than Silver from a players' perspective.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Based on what? 

The fact he’s three years younger, is already a higher regarded prospect, and has a legit super-star type ceiling.  I really like Madrigal and he gives us a skillset we really need, but Kelenic has a chance to be the guy we all look back on in that draft and wonder why we passed on him.

• Like 1

I really don’t blame any player for opting out this season. There is no excuse flimsy enough to question it. There are a lot of players who really don’t need the money. 

if you had that kind of coin and where told you don’t have to work until next year if you were uncomfortable with the safety of the whole thing, I think many of us would opt out. 

I hope they get this “season” in. But they are going to have to get through a pretty difficult obstacle course to make it happen.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The fact he’s three years younger, is already a higher regarded prospect, and has a legit super-star type ceiling.  I really like Madrigal and he gives us a skillset we really need, but Kelenic has a chance to be the guy we all look back on in that draft and wonder why we passed on him.

He also has a chance to regress and loss quite a bit of luster.  He had one meteoric rise through the minors.  Let's see him do it above A+ now for a larger sample.

Regardless there's no way without hindsight you pick Kelenic over Madrigal in that spot.  Even with hindsight I'm still on the Madrigal train.  I am skeptical that Kelenic is a MLB CF and that he'll ever hit much over 260.

@Dick Allen agree 100%.  Can't blame them, especially the veterans.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

2 White Sox have tested positive. I wonder if Moncada is one.

Both players asymptomatic. Wonder if Kopech is one of those since they said he’s “healthy.”

Plus Moncada has been in Florida during the break. He certainly is in the hot spot. 

Edited by Bad Hombre

11 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Both players asymptomatic. Wonder if Kopech is one of those since they said he’s “healthy.”

Plus Moncada has been in Florida during the break. He certainly is in the hot spot. 

Moncada has been in Northwest Indiana the past week and went to a local bar around here on Wednesday that is generally considered a pretty sketchy place, so I'm strongly inclined to believe they would not require masks or attract the type of people who would.

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Moncada has been in Northwest Indiana the past week and went to a local bar around here on Wednesday that is generally considered a pretty sketchy place, so I'm strongly inclined to believe they would not require masks or attract the type of people who would.

Why in the world is Moncada hanging out in NW Indiana?

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That’s not ideal! I hadn’t heard of him being in Indiana. Did you see him there or something?

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why in the world is Moncada hanging out in NW Indiana?

Summer hotspot by the lake. I have lived in the Chicago area my whole life and had never known The Michigan City area was a huge vacation place until about 10 years ago. A guy I worked with owned a place there he rented out. He had an ad on Craigslist and used Our department’s phone number. He had to get at least 20 calls a day. Up until then , the thing I knew Michigan City for was the snow belt

Edited by Dick Allen