Sox summer camp roster announced

southsider2k5

7 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

That’s not ideal! I hadn’t heard of him being in Indiana. Did you see him there or something?

I have a source who knows someone very close to him. I always get the heads up when he's in town. I was asked if I wanted to go to the bar he was at Wednesday, but I'm way too COVID-19 conscious to take that chance. Also, that bar he went to a is a place you generally avoid if you're not willing to get caught up in some bar drama/fights. Lots of testosterone and Bros looking to be disrespected.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I have a source who knows someone very close to him. I always get the heads up when he's in town. I was asked if I wanted to go to the bar he was at Wednesday, but I'm way too COVID-19 conscious to take that chance. Also, that bar he went to a is a place you generally avoid if you're not willing to get caught up in some bar drama/fights. Lots of testosterone and Bros looking to be disrespected.

The two players that tested positive did so on their intake exams. The tests were positive on Wednesday when players reported I believe. If it's Moncada, it's because he showed up and was positive initially 

So Kopech is mysteriously missing for a personal issue they won't discuss and 2 White Sox players have tested positive but both have requested privacy?

Kopech's missing because he tested positive. That's it. When they say he's healthy they're just either lying or using some legalistic language loophole. Yordan Alvarez is getting the same treatment for Houston.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So Kopech is mysteriously missing for a personal issue they won't discuss and 2 White Sox players have tested positive but both have requested privacy?

Kopech's missing because he tested positive. That's it. When they say he's healthy they're just either lying or using some legalistic language loophole. Yordan Alvarez is getting the same treatment for Houston.

^^^^

They're not allowed to say anything if they requested privacy. 

We know who it is by who's not there. 

Right now, Kopech and Moncada are the obvious guys missing so it's probably them. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The fact he’s three years younger, is already a higher regarded prospect, and has a legit super-star type ceiling.  I really like Madrigal and he gives us a skillset we really need, but Kelenic has a chance to be the guy we all look back on in that draft and wonder why we passed on him.

Oh I get the love of kelenic. I'm just saying the two guys drafted ahead of mad are arguably worse so far. 

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Summer hotspot by the lake. I have lived in the Chicago area my whole life and had never known The Michigan City area was a huge vacation place until about 10 years ago. A guy I worked with owned a place there he rented out. He had an ad on Craigslist and used Our department’s phone number. He had to get at least 20 calls a day. Up until then , the thing I knew Michigan City for was the snow belt

I grew up in St. Joe, MI. Michigan City Lakefront is real nice, it's close to the Dunes. Rest of the town... eh. Patchy. There's a state prison there, so it's mixed. Just North of Michigan City there are some exclusive enclaves with a lot of Chicagoans all the way up to New Buffalo.

53 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

But did Kopech ever show up for an intake exam?   He may very well have COVID, but it seems like his absence was called out before the team reported these two initial positives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I grew up in St. Joe, MI. Michigan City Lakefront is real nice, it's close to the Dunes. Rest of the town... eh. Patchy. There's a state prison there, so it's mixed. Just North of Michigan City there are some exclusive enclaves with a lot of Chicagoans all the way up to New Buffalo.

Yeah, st Joe's is nice too. My folks are retired in South Haven off of Hawkshead. Just drove through st Joe's and michigan city today. Know the ruppert family who own clementines in st Joe's and south haven. Love going to that area.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm honestly confused by the insistence on privacy from the players. 

It's an individual choice. 

Props to the players that are telling the public though. This speculation without confirmation blows. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's an individual choice. 

Props to the players that are telling the public though. This speculation without confirmation blows. 

Love to hear the thoughts from an expert - so not me - on HIPAA because I'm not sure why HIPAA protects players privacy for COVID but not injuries.

In addition, I think raising awareness is important and total transparency by the league and everyone involved should be the norm. They obviously have rights and they have a right to privacy, I just think it makes no sense from a public safety/transparency standpoint.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But did Kopech ever show up for an intake exam?   He may very well have COVID, but it seems like his absence was called out before the team reported these two initial positives.

The first post/announcement by RH that he was not in camp was Friday Morning, the first post about his absence on this forum was 10:45 a.m on Friday. The test was given on Wednesday and the turnaround time is ~24 hours for what baseball's using. The timing fits perfectly. Tested on Wednesday, positive test reported on Thursday, Friday morning announced he's not in camp. 

If Cuthbert can’t get into the country and hypothetically Moncada is on the shelf for an unknown length of time do they start the season with Mendick as the 3B and Garcia at 2B till madrigals service time can finish being manipulated? Anyone know if McCann or Collins can play some 3B? 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The first post/announcement by RH that he was not in camp was Friday Morning, the first post about his absence on this forum was 10:45 a.m on Friday. The test was given on Wednesday and the turnaround time is ~24 hours for what baseball's using. The timing fits perfectly. Tested on Wednesday, positive test reported on Thursday, Friday morning announced he's not in camp. 

But why not report both players at that time, unless Cuthbert is the other positive.

4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

If Cuthbert can’t get into the country and hypothetically Moncada is on the shelf for an unknown length of time do they start the season with Mendick as the 3B and Garcia at 2B till madrigals service time can finish being manipulated? Anyone know if McCann or Collins can play some 3B? 

If he’s asymptomatic, I would hope he’s ready to go after his 14 day quarantine period or whatever that is. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But why not report both players at that time, unless Cuthbert is the other positive.

Plenty of possible reasons. What did the player ask the team to say...are they conducting a second test, was the player someone expected to start the season on the 30 man roster or not?

4 hours ago, Orlando said:

His barber is out there

Right. He has been doing this for 2 years. There are large Hispanic communities and barbers in nwi. I have a friend who uses his same barber in Sherrilville or Dyer? Forget which one.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Love to hear the thoughts from an expert - so not me - on HIPAA because I'm not sure why HIPAA protects players privacy for COVID but not injuries.

In addition, I think raising awareness is important and total transparency by the league and everyone involved should be the norm. They obviously have rights and they have a right to privacy, I just think it makes no sense from a public safety/transparency standpoint.

The distinction with HIPAA is whether the injury happened in the course of the trade. I.e. is it a baseball related injury or a industry/condition/infection unrelated to the trade.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

The distinction with HIPAA is whether the injury happened in the course of the trade. I.e. is it a baseball related injury or a industry/condition/infection unrelated to the trade.

So if a player tests positive once in camp, they will be named?

In addition, why did the Cespedes injury come out?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Baseball is considering Covid a non-baseball related illness, so that's why privacy is allowed.