Sox summer camp roster announced

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And here’s what he’s saying now.  The dude is full of shit.

Totally understandable. Does he get credit for a year of service since he was on the list of 44 but opted out?

23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Totally understandable. Does he get credit for a year of service since he was on the list of 44 but opted out?

No. My understanding is that opting out because of someone other than yourself means you get nothing. No pay, no service time. 

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

That tweet is almost certainly bullshit.  This user claimed that Kopech had lost the will to play in a previous tweet and now is saying Kopech’s GF is pregnant and that’s why he’s going to sit out.  It’s 99.9% likely this user is simply trolling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And here’s what he’s saying now.  The dude is full of shit.

Why are we even giving this guy the time of day? He turns literally anything into the worst case scenario without any facts to back it up. He’s the same guy who was 100% certain that Tim Anderson tore his ACL when he got injured in Boston last year.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

again this never happened, please stop spreading rumors that were started by twitter trolls.

How do you know it never happened? I didn't say it's true. I said it's a rumor. 

Edited by soxfan49

25 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Why are we even giving this guy the time of day? He turns literally anything into the worst case scenario without any facts to back it up. He’s the same guy who was 100% certain that Tim Anderson tore his ACL when he got injured in Boston last year.

That’s why I posted his follow up tweet as it directly conflicts with his “lost the will to play” tweet from earlier.  Glad to see this dude has a history of bullshit.

52 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

How do you know it never happened? I didn't say it's true. I said it's a rumor. 

It didn't happen. The guy who was spreading that rumor and started it was literally on twitter this morning saying we'll never know the truth because the media won't cover it. He said "I hope we find out."

He said he saw a tweet from a Riverdale coworker lol, and then talked to a "source close to the situation." He has 4 twitter followers, lives in a house with a television on the floor in his living room, and he has always lived in Illinois. The tweet never existed, and he never had a source.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

This is where that guy got his information from too:

lol

and here he is this morning:

Stop feeding twitter troll idiots.

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did I miss something? People are talking like Kopech is going to or has already opted out, Surely there would be a new thread if that was happening.

Everyone is extremely bored and anxious for baseball to come back so we can actually talk about baseball.

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

What kind of Twitter weirdo pretends to have info on a players personal life and replies to tons of people to relay that info. Trying to be the next Ken Rosenthal by pretending to know gossip lol

Cause if you hit on one dart, Twitter will worship you.

5 hours ago, Orlando said:

What kind of Twitter weirdo pretends to have info on a players personal life and replies to tons of people to relay that info. Trying to be the next Ken Rosenthal by pretending to know gossip lol

I've seen him called out multiple times too and he just ignores everyone calling him our for changing the story 10 times and making up repeated nonsense. 

I don't know where else to put this, so I'm going to put this here...

I like Nick Madrigal and I think that he'll help the Sox win a lot of games while they're on this run but I think he was a terrible pick at #4. In my opinion, when you're drafting in the top five I feel like you're supposed to walk away with a game-changing,  potential franchise player, and that's not Nick Madrigal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I like Nick Madrigal and I think that he'll help the Sox win a lot of games while they're on this run but I think he was a terrible pick at #4. In my opinion, when you're drafting in the top five I feel like you're supposed to walk away with a game-changing,  potential franchise player, and that's not Nick Madrigal.

I think he will be the reincarnation of "little Nel" and that plays fine for me.  Hope I'm right.

5 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

That's been my thoughts on it the whole time, if you go back in time Kelenic is the easy choice . I wasn't sold on Madrigal, but as it got closer to the draft I was ok with it. Dude better be a perennial .300 hitter otherwise it looks really dumb.