Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Sox summer camp roster announced

Recommended Posts

So this looks like 40 man roster with these changes:

Minus: Burdi, Flores, Foster, Zavala, Adolfo, and Rutherford.

Plus: Drew Anderson, Ross Detwiler, Tayron Gurrerro, Cody Hueuer, Tyler Johnson, Cheslor Cuthburt, Nick Madrigal, Andrew Romine, Andrew Vaughn and Nicky Delmonico.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Its going to be awkward seeing Vaughn outplay Abreu at 1B but Vaughn being sent down to the taxi squad anyway because of that new contract and service time.

I’m as optimistic about Vaughn as the next guy, but come on. Abreu was a good hitting major league first baseman last year. Even draft year fatigue considered, Vaughn struggled in A-ball. If he can hit like Abreu as a finished product we should be happy. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The White Sox have room to add 16 more names. Zack Burdi, Matt Foster, Bernardo Flores, Seby Zavala, Micker Adolfo and Blake Rutherford are all on the 40 man and not on the initial 44. 

Some others who seem like options for the next 16: Luis Gonzalez, Gavin Sheets, Jake Burger, Jonathan Stiever, Garrett Crochet, Kodi Medeiros, Jacob Lindgren. 

That leaves these guys unaccounted for right now: Jaycob Brugman, Daniel Palka, Alex McRae, Adalberto Mejia, Bryan Mitchell, Brady Lail. 

Jared Kelley, Matthew Thompson and Andrew Dalquist could be options as well 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox have room to add 16 more names. Zack Burdi, Matt Foster, Bernardo Flores, Seby Zavala, Micker Adolfo and Blake Rutherford are all on the 40 man and not on the initial 44. 

Some others who seem like options for the next 16: Luis Gonzalez, Gavin Sheets, Jake Burger, Jonathan Stiever, Garrett Crochet, Kodi Medeiros, Jacob Lindgren. 

That leaves these guys unaccounted for right now: Jaycob Brugman, Daniel Palka, Alex McRae, Adalberto Mejia, Bryan Mitchell, Brady Lail. 

Jared Kelley, Matthew Thompson and Andrew Dalquist could be options as well 

If I had to take a snab I'd go:

Burdi, Foster, Flores, Adolfo, Gonzalez, Stiever, Crochet, Lingren, Palka, Meijia, Mitchell, Kelley, Thompson and Dalquist.

2 open spots.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox have room to add 16 more names. Zack Burdi, Matt Foster, Bernardo Flores, Seby Zavala, Micker Adolfo and Blake Rutherford are all on the 40 man and not on the initial 44. 

Some others who seem like options for the next 16: Luis Gonzalez, Gavin Sheets, Jake Burger, Jonathan Stiever, Garrett Crochet, Kodi Medeiros, Jacob Lindgren. 

That leaves these guys unaccounted for right now: Jaycob Brugman, Daniel Palka, Alex McRae, Adalberto Mejia, Bryan Mitchell, Brady Lail. 

Jared Kelley, Matthew Thompson and Andrew Dalquist could be options as well 

You never know the Sox could do what the Mets just did and sign some more MLB talent from the free agents who went unsigned.

Also good to see Dunning ,Rodon and Lambert among the previously TJ'd  on the list.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You never know the Sox could do what the Mets just did and sign some more MLB talent from the free agents who went unsigned.

Also good to see Dunning ,Rodon and Lambert among the previously TJ'd  on the list.

It’d be awesome if the Sox took another look at Puig for a shortened /crapshoot of a 60 game season, at this point it can’t hurt right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

It’d be awesome if the Sox took another look at Puig for a shortened /crapshoot of a 60 game season, at this point it can’t hurt right?

Yes as you know I was against it for a full season for various reasons. But now in such a short season pure talent is pretty much all that matters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we live in a different world I am much more hopeful to see A LOT of summer camp footage within the same day. Is that going to happen at all on any platform?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shipps said:

Since we live in a different world I am much more hopeful to see A LOT of summer camp footage within the same day. Is that going to happen at all on any platform?  

I am going to guess CSN will get as much of it as they are allowed to get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to guess CSN will get as much of it as they are allowed to get.

Yeah I don't think they will really be allowing reporters to be inside will they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Yeah I don't think they will really be allowing reporters to be inside will they?

If they were too socially distance (which with a camera seems pretty easy to do) and take proper PPEs, I don't see why they couldn't.  Obviously there won't be any personal interviews, but some footage seems reasonable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

I might be completely off base but Palka removed any White Sox mention from his twitter bio.  He might be done with the Sox,

Saw that too. Could just be mad about not getting on initial summer camp invite. He’s already off the 40 man and Sox have no reason to cut him loose really. Really sucks for guys like him though that are controlled by a team that has no real intention of using them this year, other than deep insurance depth and no minor leagues to play. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Saw that too. Could just be mad about not getting on initial summer camp invite. He’s already off the 40 man and Sox have no reason to cut him loose really. Really sucks for guys like him though that are controlled by a team that has no real intention of using them this year, other than deep insurance depth and no minor leagues to play. 

If you're not good enough that's the way it's always been. Sucks to be less talented , just a notch below the best . No reason to be mad at the Sox . I'm more inclined to think he's done . But maybe he just thinks he's in limbo, not part of the 44, not part of the  taxi squad just yet. He was abysmal last year. He had to know his time with the Sox was coming to a close sooner rather than later Engel has more value to the Sox than Palka.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
fix typos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you're not good enough that's the way it's always been. Sucks to be less talented , just a notch below the best . No reason to be mad at the Sox . I'm more inclined to think he's done . But maybe he just thinks he's in limbo, not part of the 44, not part of the  taxi squad just yet. He was abysmal last year. He had to know his time with the Sox was coming to a close sooner rather than later Engel has more value to the Sox than Palka.

Since the summer camp is at the GRate, I wonder if someone would get in trouble if they flew a drone up and took some video of the workouts. Just asking for a friend. 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Since the summer camp is at the GRate, I wonder if someone would get in trouble if they flew a drone up and took some video of the workouts. Just asking for a friend. 😁

Tell Trevor I say hello

Edited by justBLAZE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Tell Trevor I say hello

My friend's drone has much better obstacle avoidance programming than his. His or hers wont fly into an object if you try to do it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×