Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster

Y2Jimmy0

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

I fully expect Madrigal to be named to the opening day roster today.  He is the best 2nd baseman on the WS team.  Can't be fooling around with a 60 game season.  Every game counts.

You're in for a rude awakening later today.

I also would like to see him start but the odds of them blowing a full year of time for just five or six days is about zero.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We had like the worst production out of RF last year and with Mazara out we now have noodle-armed, no bat Engel as our primary option.  I just can’t believe they couldn’t find a single minor league free agent with some upside as a fallback plan.

Luis Gonzalez has actually looked good so far. Very small sample size of course but 20 PA's ,550 OBP ,more walks (4) than K's (2) but is was an NRI so he wont make OD roster.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes. As much as Engel is a good fielder, there is something about Adam Engel being in the line up that says the rebuild is not over.

To be fair, he is only there because Mazara is hurt and Madrigals service time. Engel is necessary even when we are at full strength for his defense. But yes, I was hoping he, Fulmer, and Delmonico would be long gone by now. 

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

In a 60 day season that can cost us the playoffs.  Madrigal is not the type of player that is going to get 20 million per year even if he is lights out.  They have reached extensions with many players (Robert, Anderson, Moncada, Sale & Eloy) who were deemed much harder to extend.

Like someone above said, this season may not even finish. I'm fine with them waiting the 5-7 days whatever the number is.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

You really think Leury Garcia instead of Nick Madrigal for 5 games costs the White Sox the playoffs? 

We have had lots of experience with Leury brain cramps.  He and Adam are ideal bench pieces IMO.  Nothing more.