Is Gio Gonzalez' shoulder recovered?

bmags

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Quick google search didn't find anything since march

Last I remembered them saying right before spring training ended was he was throwing soft toss and was almost good to go/ it wasn’t a huge concern so with it being a few months ago hopefully nothing has flared up and he’s duly healthy

If he is fully healthy...he is gonna be a great #4 and exactly what the Sox need. 

1. Gio
2. Dallas
3. Cease
4. Gio G
5. Lopez/Kopech/Rodon

3-5 is going to be so competitive in a shortened season. I kinda want them to go 6 man rotation if Rodon and Kopech are fully healthy. 

Might be a fun exercise to guess how many innings each pitcher gets if they throw 540 innings total.

There’s going to be a lot of tandem starts to begin with, I’m sure. And then the last few weeks of the season, they’ll settle on five for the remainder. 

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

If he is fully healthy...he is gonna be a great #4 and exactly what the Sox need. 

1. Gio
2. Dallas
3. Cease
4. Gio G
5. Lopez/Kopech/Rodon

3-5 is going to be so competitive in a shortened season. I kinda want them to go 6 man rotation if Rodon and Kopech are fully healthy. 

I don't see the sox giving Gio Gonzalez starts over Lopez or Rodon, and I don't really think they should.  

Same goes for Kopech, but I could see them getting cute with him since they have 7 legit SP.  

Edited by ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

cleaning out my old graphic folders, here's an unused one from 2007

gio.jpg

So this was from the 6 months after we re-acquired him for freddy and pre-re-dealing him for swishers cocaine traveling circus?

• Haha 1

IMO we go 6 man rotation:

Giolito

DK

Cease

Lopez (We need to see how he progresses I dont want him pitching low innings or splitting games)

Gio

Kopech/Rodon to see who has what and then move one into the full role and the other as a spot starter/long relief.