Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

I expect the Sox to make a statement on Opening Day recognizing BLM.  It would be appropriate. Maybe the alternate anthem for starters. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Emergency 3rd baseman should Moncada not be available ?

I think this is a future play here.  If you can give me skills at 1b AND 3b, it means you have an extra place you can plug him in down the line even with the Moncada and Abreu deals in place.  Maybe he becomes more of a "utility" guy, and plays around the field instead of only a 1B/DH type. 

I 100% believe this is not for keeping him on the roster today.  This is a guy who is a 2021 play and down the line.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fathom said:

I wonder if Crochet pitches tomorrow?  Ricky is teasing a surprise.

So I go sailing through the rivers of my mind — I go sailing, be surprised what you can find.

• Haha 1

IIRC, the reports of Yermin's ability to actually play 3B at the AAA were not very kind.  

Yes, he can stand over there.  Yes, he can probably make 8/10 routine plays.  No he is not an everyday option at 3B.  He would make Miguel Sano look like a gold glover.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

IIRC, the reports of Yermin's ability to actually play 3B at the AAA were not very kind.  

Yes, he can stand over there.  Yes, he can probably make 8/10 routine plays.  No he is not an everyday option at 3B.  He would make Miguel Sano look like a gold glover.  

That is what I recall as well.  

Fun for an intrasquad summer camp game, but not something I think we will ever see once games count.

So, are inter-squad games going to become a daily or near-daily occurrence? I would guess, yes, because the pitchers need to go against real batters to improve and assess what works and doesn't work. And for the every day players, they quickly need to see real major league pitching. So pretty much every day? What do you think?

Also, so Ricky can see who's where for creating a rotation. I want to see Rodon and if he is worthy of being in the rotation.