Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

All of these new 3B...watch out Moncada better get yer ass back, people fightin for your job!

In all seriousness though, if Moncada has to miss some games due to his experience with COVID (possibly more than just speculation on our parts), who will play 3B? Leury or Mendick? Some combo? Cuthbert? Might as well let Yermin start there for the first 5-6 innings and then defensive sub rest of game.

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

In all seriousness though, if Moncada has to miss some games due to his experience with COVID (possibly more than just speculation on our parts), who will play 3B? Leury or Mendick? Some combo? Cuthbert? Might as well let Yermin start there for the first 5-6 innings and then defensive sub rest of game.

To resurrect the ancient Soxtalk chant:

Dick-man! Dick-man!

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/mlb/whitesox/news/gio-gonzález-a-white-sox-cultural-retrospective

This from a few days ago  includes a 16 minute video interview with Gio Gonzalez and Sox media members Ballatini, Fegan , Duber Levine etc,

GG talks about how his shoulder feels , how he might be used , the other starters ( remember he knew Giolito and Lopez with the Nats ) and wondering if he will ever throw a pitch as a White Sox, in jest of course.

54 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He has the feet of a ballerina. 

I can tell baseball is back because there's a new movement annoying me. During the first part of the offseason, it was all the people who wanted Adam Engel to platoon in RF because of a flukey sample against LHP. Now, it's the "play Mercedes at 3B, how bad can it be" camp. If it's true that Moncada has COVID and is asymptomatic, then chances are he's back within a week from now and (hopefully) Mercedes goes back to DH/C :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I can tell baseball is back because there's a new movement annoying me. During the first part of the offseason, it was all the people who wanted Adam Engel to platoon in RF because of a flukey sample against LHP. Now, it's the "play Mercedes at 3B, how bad can it be" camp. If it's true that Moncada has COVID and is asymptomatic, then chances are he's back within a week from now and (hopefully) Mercedes goes back to DH/C :lol:

I don't think anyone is serious about playing Yermin at 3B.