Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Is the expectation that they play a game every day?

They aren't playing full games . Right now it's 4-5 innings max for intrasquad games. They will probably increase it  until they are ready to go 9 for the 3 exhibition games starting July 19. Just 3 exhibition games before the season starts that same week July 24.

4 hours ago, Kalapse said:

Good to see Basabe's name popping up a decent amount in summer camp, he's still an interesting player.

Yeah would like to see him string a full season of being healthy together. I guess that will wait until 2021. His package profiles so well as a fourth outfielder if he can just hit a little bit. Switch hitter, can run and if his arm is okay (there have been some doubts recently) he can play all three outfield positions.

5 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Apparently I'm not smart enough to embed a tweet, but what's the deal with Fegan's tweet about Renteria - did he test positive and I missed it?

He went to a funeral yesterday, maybe the funeral had an attendant that tested positive or something.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Apparently I'm not smart enough to embed a tweet, but what's the deal with Fegan's tweet about Renteria - did he test positive and I missed it?

Just for the record, it won't embed if it is a mobile tweet address (starts with m.) instead of a traditional web address (http:\\www.etc)  It also has to be pasted in plain text and not rich text.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It got lost in the shuffle because of the Kopech news but Moncada and Ruiz have to be the two Sox players with COVID, right? Especially since they’re both on the IL now?

Pretty much. It's so incredibly odd and moronic how someone thought not listing a reason for a trip to the IL (when a reason is literally required for any other situation) somehow provides a player the proper privacy they are seeking while recovering. Hopefully they get well soon and don't have a rough case of it.

12 hours ago, justBLAZE said:

Correct but aren't there general IL rules to clear as well?

There will be a 10-day injured list for both pitchers and hitters, though the 60-day IL will be reduced to a 45-day IL.
• There will be a separate IL for players who either test positive or have symptoms/confirmed exposure to COVID-19. There is no maximum or minimum days for this IL.

This is from MLB.com